Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2009, 01:22 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Just thot I'd give all yu south folks a bit of encouragement.(Anything south of the 49th is "south" to us) This morning it was -31C (-24F) here, with a wind chill of -45C (-49F). As my uncle used to say "cold enough to freeze the nuts of a bridge"! We are all getting a really bad case of cabin fever and our RV is moaning. But the bright spot is that it is supposed to be warming on the weekend. (and we do hope they are right)

We hope that next winter will allow us to follow those"birds" south. Having never done that.. maybe someone has a suggestion where we should consider looking at for the next season. We are simple country folk and not looking for a crowded spot. Just somewhere WARM and friendly...

& Mr. Boots (Feline Mascot)

Seville 2008 VF35CK

'08 GMC Duramax

https://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...ping08-1-1.jpg
SaskJayDee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 02:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Boy Jack, I guess you are getting cabin fever if you are already thinking about next winter.
We stayed in Countryside RV park in Apache Junction, AZ. for a few years but it was to big for us an we moved over to Desert Gardens in Florence. That was really nice as far as we were concerned. I understand they are under new ownership now so who knows what it's like.
We have some friends that winter east of Yuma a ways. I believe it is the the same place we spent a night some years ago. I think the name of the town is Wellton. Reasonable rates and it was right in the country. There many many RV parks out there, and it seems like they change as time goes by. So the best advise I can give you is get on the internet and start checking them out. It will give you something to do until next winter.

I can see why you have cabin fever though, with those temps.
We were at 0 degrees.
A regular banana belt, huh?

Edited by: Old Farmer
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2009, 09:57 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

We got cold in northern Kentucy today, only 46 F. You need to get in the camper and run south as fast as you can!

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2009, 10:46 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaskJayDee
Just thot I'd give all yu south folks a bit of encouragement.(Anything south of the 49th is "south" to us) This morning it was -31C (-24F) here, with a wind chill of -45C (-49F). As my uncle used to say "cold enough to freeze the nuts of a bridge"! We are all getting a really bad case of cabin fever and our RV is moaning. But the bright spot is that it is supposed to be warming on the weekend. (and we do hope they are right)

We hope that next winter will allow us to follow those"birds" south. Having never done that.. maybe someone has a suggestion where we should consider looking at for the next season. We are simple country folk and not looking for a crowded spot. Just somewhere WARM and friendly...

I thought that it was a "Brass Monkey" and not a bridge. Have no fear I think that spring is on the way. I heard the Robins squawking the other day. After they arrive, Old Man Winter usually has one more kick at the cat, before he relents.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2009, 12:47 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Hey thanks for the encouragement and info folks! Believe it or not we are supposed to get above freezing here today and for the next week. We are so excited. It has been a lonnnnnnng cooooold one up here this winter. And by the way.... my uncle had kind of a unique sense of humor... and the "nuts off a bridge" kinda worked for all types of crowds...

& Mr. Boots (Feline Mascot)

Seville 2008 VF35CK

'08 GMC Duramax

https://i611.photobucket.com/albums/t...ping08-1-1.jpg
SaskJayDee is offline   Reply With Quote