Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2020, 08:33 PM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Wreck

So we wrecked our Volante this past winter. Lost both our truck and trailer on black ice in New Mexico in February. We sure loved that truck.He took us to a lot of rallies and and a lot of places with both the Cruiser and the Volante. Neither Deanna or I are to keen on towing right now after our experience. We are very fortunate and count our blessings daily that we survived let alone only had minor injuries. So we bought a used Forrest River Lexington and have been redefining it in our image. It has been a challenge at times. We are about ready to hit the road again, Have a few shakedown cruises planned to make sure we got it the way we want it. Hope to see many of you on the road ,many of the friends we made through this forum. Maybe even some of you we have not met yet. We still watch for Cruisers every time we are out . Happy Camping to you all, safe travels, Hope to see you on the road. Maybe even show up at one of your get together's if you allow SOB's.
MaPaChoo
Still does not quite translate to Mobile RV Tech But its close

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2020, 08:51 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Wow, that must have been so scary. I’ve been in a head on collision before back in 2006. Still have two herniated disc from the wreck. Glad your getting your feet wet again. Be safe and enjoy camping!

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 08:17 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Been thinking about you two and wondering how you were. Sorry about the accident and so glad you are OK. Every now and then, I get to mention how I know a train engineer in conversations!! We really enjoyed that 2010 rally. Terri and I are fine here in the PNW although we haven't been camping this year. You take care and hopefully 'see ya on the roads'.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2020, 09:20 AM   #4
Site Team

Hi Eric. Sorry for your lose of new camper and that old power stroke you were so fond of.
Thankfully you and Deanna survived it and have recuperated and moving forward with life and things.

Like Stan, we think of you guys ever once in awhile and think back on the TX Ralley.

I believe it was 2012?

We still have the same old Cruiser. It has served us well and still is.
What model is the Forest River Lexington you have?
Take care and stay healthy. Maybe we will cross paths again one of these days.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote