Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2010, 12:43 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

travelling east on I-20 from I-10 (El Paso). In Homewood, Alabama, tonight, heading up to Fayetteville, N.C. tomorrow. So far, we've only spotted one CrossRoads; a Zinger heading west on I-20 just east of Dallas. Forum member?

lynlou14760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 12:49 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

That is not us as our's is sitting with a foot of snow that fell today.

2003 Excursion (his)

2000 Excursion (hers)

2006 Zinger 32QB
slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 05:36 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Hey Lynn.....sounds like you're really breaking in that new 30sk ....good trip?....hear it's kinda snowy in NY huh...have fun!...

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 03:16 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboy_71
Hey Lynn.....sounds like you're really breaking in that new 30sk ....good trip?....hear it's kinda snowy in NY huh...have fun!...

I wish, Cowboy. Our son recently returned to Ft. Bliss from a tourin Abu Dhabi. He was promoted to Sgt., and transferred to Ft. Bragg, N.C. His wife flew from Texas to our place with the kids. I flew to Texas to help him drive their car and dog from Texas to Ft. Bragg.

It was a trip that I would heartily recommend for anyone. I believe that a, entirely new relationship develops that nothing can compare to, and nothing can ever detract from. The only problem is that you discover that the "kid" setting next to you truly is a fully grown, free thinking adult.

However, we didn't make Ft. Bragg. Somewhere is northern Alabama, he said that he missed his wife and kids, and turned north for home. It was a great trip except for a "few snow flurries" that turned out to be one heck of a snow storm from mid-Ohio to our front door. I kept saying that as soon as we caught a break in the storm it was going to be "hammer down." We finally hit clear roads 6 miles from home. The fastest we got up to was 45 mph, and we came close to doing a little "ditch trip" a few times, but we made it without incident. Five hours and thirty minutes from Cleveland, Ohio, to Olean, N.Y.

None-the-less,I love the open road, and we're all leaving Saturday or Sunday for Ft. Bragg, and this time we're hauling the 5er!!
Old 03-02-2010, 03:21 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

P.S. I'm the Lou portion of lynlou, my wife is lyn (Lynn.) But we do have a friend with the first name of Lynne, and my grandaughters middle name is Louise (Lou) so the mistake is understandable.