Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-09-2010, 07:14 AM   #1
New Camper

Hi.

I have a 2004 fifth wheel 29 foot with 2 slides ...........rear kitchen............that I am going to put up for sale. Does anyone have any idea of what I should ask for this...........it is in very good condition...........we bought it used but it is in excellent shape............has awning. My husband passed away a year ago and I am at a loss for what is the best price to ask for this.................any help from "honest" people would be appreciated...........Thanks so much.
Ronni4444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 09:09 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

sorry about your loss. i'm not sure what its worth. did you check any online used rv listings to compare. i'm not sure if its against forum rules but maybe you can post a "for sale" listing down in the "basecamp lounge section". unfortantly the economy is good for people buying right now...not selling. good luck.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2010, 12:03 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

I'm sorry that you find yourself in those circumstances. I recently sold a 2004 27 foot single slide out in excellent condition for $12,500. You may be able to use that as a guide or go to the NADA guides that can be found on the internet. A clean unit in excellent condition is attractive to people now because of the poor economy.
finder9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2010, 03:29 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Check out NADA on the RV tab: http://www.nadaguides.com/

That should give you a good starting point for the pricing. Plug in all of your features and it will give you a low and average retail price. Not knowing what equipment you had in it, I checked a couple of basic items and had an average retail of $15,200 come up for a 27 footer. I didn't see a listing for a 29 footerin 2004. Good Luck!

Hensley, AR

'05 CF29RK,

'01 Ford F250 CrewCab
Monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 04:18 AM   #5
New Camper

Thank you all so much for the help. I have decided to give it a try myself (with my daughter and grandson) and head to Disney World........this was out favorite place to camp. I know I can pull it but get sooo nervous backing into spaces...........and they have no pull thrus..........wish me luck..........again,,,,,,,,thanks so much.
Old 02-11-2010, 05:13 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Ronni,

When backing into a space, have ONE person directing you and be sure you can see him/her. 2 way radios are a plus.

And if I can do it, so can you....Just take a deep breath and go for it.

Don't worry about the smashed trash cans...they can be replaced.
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 05:52 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

You could ask a someone to park it for you as I have been asked to park their unit for them

07 sunset trail 29rl

05 dodge quad cab hemi
laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 06:58 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by laurie
You could ask a someone to park it for you as I have been asked to park their unit for them

This is a really good suggestion! There are many people that would help. You can even ask at check in. Don't let this one thing keep you from enjoying time with the grandkids. If you need to find an empty parking lot close to the house to practice at with the Grandkids helping. If you're anything like me the first few times I back up it's better than the Keystone Cops!Each time you do it you get a better feel for it and then al of a sudden it's like you've done it all your life.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:32 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

We sold our gently used 2003 CF27RL (one slide) this past fall for $15,500.

Good luck and God speed for what ever you choose.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 11:57 AM   #10
New Camper

Thank you so much again for all the great suggestions............I amexcited about going camping again.......this was what our plan for "retirement" was going to...........I will post again on how I do............I always had the easy jobof the inside while my husband handled all the outside work..............Just an additonal note..........when i called to make my reservations at Disney World they told me that they have "castmembers" that are always glad to back in RV's for people...........I could not believe it...........all that worrying !! But Iam still going to go to a parking lot and practice.......Thanks for all your help.
Old 02-11-2010, 09:55 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

My wife can and has taken our rv (with her daughter) hooked up towed it parked it done the sewer thing on her own. I think every woman (better half)should be able to do it,in case we (other half)is injured.

07 sunset trail 29rl

05 dodge quad cab hemi
laurie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:14 AM   #12
Full Time Camper

I'm so glad you're going. Have a great time! Please do let us know how it all went.You haven't seen anything till you watch me back up the first few times each season.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 09:32 AM   #13
Full Time Camper

Ronni4444... we are all pulling for you from all over the country, that should make it easier to back just knowing that....really we wish all the best, and keep us informed....

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 06:02 AM   #14
New Camper

Again, thanks to everyone for all the good wishes and words of encouragement.........we are leaving on the 22nd so have some time to practice.......what a nice group of people that are on here............makes me happy for my decision to go camping again...........Thank you all.......and will definatelly let you all know how it goes................
Old 02-13-2010, 08:07 AM   #15
Full Time Camper

Good lock camping and have a good time. If you have a problem backing ask someone. I did when I couldn't get into a site in N.H.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 01:33 AM   #16
Family Vacation Member

I think it's easier for the lady RV'rs to ask for help backing in than it is for the guys. I had to admit defeat a couple of years ago, for some reason I just couldn't hit the mark following the trailer around the turn.

I must have tried ten times when an older gentleman came over and asked if I could "use some assistance , which I obviously did! He hopped in and placed our 5er in ONE MOVE!! Worst yet, this all happened in our "home campground", so we all know each other. After two years I still have to listen to the occasional jab. But that's not as bad as hearing about the time I drove through the entire place with my T.V. antenna sticking up like a battle flag.
lynlou14760 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #17
Full Time Camper

I think we have all had our share of "backup stories". As bad as they may all be.....the one time when you have a difficult maneuver, with everyone watching, AND YOU NAIL IT the first try! Now that is priceless.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:59 PM   #18
New Camper

Well, we are back from Ft. Wilderness campground in Disney and had a great week. The fifth wheel pulled great and I could not believe I did so good driving down and back. Just took my time and stayed right at the speed limit......when we got to Disney I think I mentioned that a "castmember" was available to back us in......well, WRONG info there.....there was a "castmember" but he said to me "I can only guide you in I can't do it for you" well, my heart sank but he did a great job and he talked me right into the campsite.........I was thrilled that I actually did it !! Now I realize that I can do this.....just have to take it slow .......now I have to work on sewer hookup.........that was a little struggle .......But thanks for all the support............you all are great!!!
Old 03-06-2010, 11:15 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

see. I told you so.

I am glad you had a good time.Edited by: seabee
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 12:57 AM   #20
Full Time Camper

Nice job. If the sewer connection was your only issue then you are well on your way to being a seasoned "tower". Glad you had a great time.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote