Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-12-2010, 02:02 AM   #1
New Camper

We just bought this 2010 ST 27FB about 5 weeks ago. We have had it back to the dealer 2 times. A few things we can live with because they are just little problems. One of the big problems we have encountered is that when you put the awning down you cannot secure the door to the camper. Does anyone have any ideas on that? We also have a problem with our roof antenna. The crank is very loose this will be the 2nd time they try to "fix" it. This is a brand new unit.

Globug11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 02:47 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

We have a 2010 ST24BH with the same problem. We also had a 2005 Areolite Cub with the same thnig. I use a cord to hold the door to the awning arm. We have had no other problems with ours 24BH. I have a water heater that some times will short cycle. It heats the water to temp then it will shut off put will cycle every 2 minutes for 30 seconds. Then it will work fine next trip.

Enjoy your 27FB! We are off to Durango CO for the week-end
ritterjw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2010, 08:59 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Our St29QB has the same issue with the door and awning so did our 2000 Sunline T1950

2010 ST29QB

https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v3...in/TVsetup.jpg

gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2010, 09:46 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Our 2010 Zinger ZT19RD has the same thing. I added a holder made out of ready rod, extension nut and threaded eye hook.

Our Zinger has bolt ends protruding down so I made one end a circle and attached it to the bolt near the door. This end needs some play to lift the rod holder up to attach to the door. The other end I bolted a metal conduit/wire holder using the stabilizers existing bolt, this is used for travelling/storage.

I had to put a bend in the ready rod to clear the underside of the trailer. The end that attaches to the door has a extension nut and eye hook. The threaded eye hook end was not tightened so the length can be adjusted and so the eye hook can be turned90 deg.to slip into the metal travel/storage clip.

A vinyl cap was added to the eye hook end. This rod holds the door securely and is approx. 1 inch away from the awning when the door and awning are both open. It has never popped out of the holder when travelling.
DandK is offline   Reply With Quote