Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-13-2018, 10:34 PM   #1
New Camper

2012 cross cruiser fifth wheel

I just put a new 7 pin cord on my fifth wheel. Was wonder how the wireS should be hooked up in the junction box. I tore the old one off and it pulled all the wiressential from the junction box. I hooked it all the wireS up to the matching color from the camper. All the blinkers and running lights work. But I have no power to the jacks or interior stuff. Breakers and fuses looked good. Any help would be appreciated
JDT1961 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 05:08 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Welcome to the forum. Try googling fifth wheel 7 pin wiring

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:19 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I looked in my 5er junction box and mine is wired the following. From wiring harness; Green to green/white. Brown to brown/white. Red to red/white. Black to black wire and orange/black wire. Dark Blue to blue wire and blue wire. Yellow wire to nothing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2FB9FC84-698F-4BBC-8936-268519D3D0EF.jpg (151.0 KB, 5 views)

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Old 06-14-2018, 07:16 AM   #4
New Camper

That's exactly how I wired mine back up.
Old 06-14-2018, 07:33 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Have you got power to those with shore power plugged in? If so might be the battery?

Old 06-14-2018, 07:40 AM   #6
Site Team

Maybe some inline fuses?
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:48 AM   #7
Site Team

On my cruiser there are two circuit breakers by the battery. One for the camper 12 volt and one for the landing gear jacks. They should reset but they may have shorted out when the cord pulled out.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:50 AM   #8
Gone Traveling

When you pulled it loose it may have shorted the 12 volt wire from your truck blowing other fuses, but your lights & breakaway wire are all that should be affected in that junction box & are powered by the truck battery. The jacks & other interior 12 volt items are not connected in that box & are powered by your rv battery.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 12:55 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
When you pulled it loose it may have shorted the 12 volt wire from your truck blowing other fuses, but your lights & breakaway wire are all that should be affected in that junction box & are powered by the truck battery. The jacks & other interior 12 volt items are not connected in that box & are powered by your rv battery.
That’s what I thought Danny. That’s why I ask if the inside lights worked on shore power. Maybe a fuse he hasn’t found.

Old 06-14-2018, 01:48 PM   #10
New Camper

Well I got everything working again. Checked out everything you guys mentioned but had no luck. Decided to check my fuse box on my truck and found a 40 amp fuse blown for the trailer tow. Replaced that and everything is good now. Guess I probably should have started there first. Thank you all for the help.
Old 06-14-2018, 02:30 PM   #11
Site Team

Glad you got it fixed but I am confused. You said that you had no power to the jack or inside stuff. Then you replaced a fuse in your truck and now everything works. The jack and inside stuff should work without the truck connected from the camper battery.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 02:55 PM   #12
Gone Traveling

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagst1 View Post
Glad you got it fixed but I am confused. You said that you had no power to the jack or inside stuff. Then you replaced a fuse in your truck and now everything works. The jack and inside stuff should work without the truck connected from the camper battery.
You just asked the same question I was about ask. That fuse should have absolutely nothing to do with the jacks or anything inside the rv???? If so you'd have to have the truck connected constantly. If you replaced a 40 amp fuse on the rv, now that would make sense.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:08 PM   #13
Site Team

The purpose of that fuse is to provide a 12v power source to the trailer through the trailer wiring harness.
Which makes me think that there still might be a problem with the converter.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 04:28 PM   #14
New Camper

I think the battery maybe dead, I had just pulled it out of storage when the cable came off. This is my first rv so this stuff is all new to me. I was going to plug into my generator just to make sure things are working properly from that end and put the battery on a charger.
Old 06-21-2018, 09:10 PM   #15
Weekend Camper

I know it's late but here you go for further reference:
7Way Trailer Connector.jpg
Dougmcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2018, 08:08 AM   #16
Weekend Camper

I caught my RV plugin cord on a toolbox that was lying in the truck bed- tore every last wire out of the RV. Lesson learned for me- now when I disconnect that cord, I run it up to my bike rack and secure it. No trouble since I started doing that.

My mishap was a real problem finding matching wires (blue) for the brakes. Cruiser had spliced in an odd ball piece of another colour in the proper medium gauge. Then they joined the end of that wire to a much heavier gauge wire that was not to specs. Compounding this was the fact that the wire joins were hidden under the fiberglas near the trailer pin. It was a nightmare to sort out. All the more reason to protect that power cord when it gets disconnected.