Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-16-2014, 09:52 PM   #1
New Camper

2013 Hill Country slide issue

When is try to put the slide out only one side tries to go out. I've tried pushing the other end while someone else pushed the button but it still would not move. I'm afraid to keep trying to extend the slide because of the popping noises that it makes. Any idea if there is a manual way to put the slide out?
KellieT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 04:43 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Do you have Schwintech slides?
mickeyndallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 07:56 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

if a schwintech try to do a reset go to www.lci1.com great info here
gcubs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:33 PM   #4
New Camper

Probably because the floors swelled up from inferior material like mine.
mneuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #5
New Camper

I wouldn't buy another crossroads RV if my life depended on it. I have had nothing but issues with this 5th wheel. I bought it about one year ago and immediately had issue. It is a 2015 Hill Country 34BH. I have had circuit wiring corrode and fail, wiring was stapled above the header on a slide out and lights shorted out, incorrect flooring was used and floors swelled on the slide outs and wouldn't close, shy light over shower pealed off, couch cushion broke and sags down, hot water heater failed, LED light strip went out, dinette table is warped, light above table wouldn't tighten enough fell and shattered, roof front cap pealed off from roof, and propane hose for the outdoor kitchen and bbq pit wasn't long enough. I know I am missing something but here is the thing. I called for an appointment on May 12th couldn't bring it in until June 6th and it is now September 8th and my trailer is still in the shop. I have talked to the dealer owner I get the corporate speech from him telling me that it is the factories problem and I spoke to the factory and they are saying they sent the parts and it is the dealers problem. I was never offered an loaner in the meantime I had to raise hec just to get it back for a couple weeks in the summer so i couldn't try and use it. I canceled several trips because it is in the shop. Even if I hadn't taken it for a couple of weeks the parts were not there for them to work on it. I have been offered nothing for my trouble from anyone during this just that this is the way it is. Meanwhile i continue to make the loan payment. I hope not all manufacturers and dealers are this poor. When the sale is made they could care less and will not stand behind their product.
Old 09-08-2015, 06:40 PM   #6
Site Team

If the parts are at your dealer, why is this a crossroads problem?
I don't know of anyone that gets a loaner. . This is part for the course for many dealers. .
Complain to the dealer and call Crossroads to see if there is an alternate shop you can go to for warranty work.
You think this is unique to Crossroads products, think again. Check out other brands forums.
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2015, 07:28 PM   #7
New Camper

Two things took from june 6th to july 22nd to get the parts, its still in the shop yes dealer issue dealer is saying they are behind because of factory. The other thing it has had numerous issues mainly the wrong plywood was used in the slide out floors causing it to swell and not close. Texas laws say it must be completed in 30 days or a loaner must be privided. Dealer nor the factory are taken responsibilty for this inferior product. I keep paying the loan and cant use and wont be close to what i bought. Ok that was three sorry. June 6th to sept 21st is too long!
Old 09-08-2015, 07:34 PM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneuman View Post
Two things took from june 6th to july 22nd to get the parts, its still in the shop yes dealer issue dealer is saying they are behind because of factory. The other thing it has had numerous issues mainly the wrong plywood was used in the slide out floors causing it to swell and not close. Texas laws say it must be completed in 30 days or a loaner must be privided. Dealer nor the factory are taken responsibilty for this inferior product. I keep paying the loan and cant use and wont be close to what i bought. Ok that was three sorry. June 6th to sept 21st is too long!

Taken from Community Rules down at the bottom of the page.
Like it says,
Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.

Dealer Pricing | Vendor and Customer Disputes: Do not make posts about new coach pricing at various dealerships. These are private transactions between you and that dealer. This forum is not intended to be a mechanism for people to vent frustrations about vendors or sales. Please settle your differences with sellers, manufacturers and dealers through the long-established legal or arbitration systems or the Better Business Bureau but not through our community.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:05 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mneuman View Post
I wouldn't buy another crossroads RV if my life depended on it. I have had nothing but issues with this 5th wheel. I bought it about one year ago and immediately had issue. It is a 2015 Hill Country 34BH. I have had circuit wiring corrode and fail, wiring was stapled above the header on a slide out and lights shorted out, incorrect flooring was used and floors swelled on the slide outs and wouldn't close, shy light over shower pealed off, couch cushion broke and sags down, hot water heater failed, LED light strip went out, dinette table is warped, light above table wouldn't tighten enough fell and shattered, roof front cap pealed off from roof, and propane hose for the outdoor kitchen and bbq pit wasn't long enough. I know I am missing something but here is the thing. I called for an appointment on May 12th couldn't bring it in until June 6th and it is now September 8th and my trailer is still in the shop. I have talked to the dealer owner I get the corporate speech from him telling me that it is the factories problem and I spoke to the factory and they are saying they sent the parts and it is the dealers problem. I was never offered an loaner in the meantime I had to raise hec just to get it back for a couple weeks in the summer so i couldn't try and use it. I canceled several trips because it is in the shop. Even if I hadn't taken it for a couple of weeks the parts were not there for them to work on it. I have been offered nothing for my trouble from anyone during this just that this is the way it is. Meanwhile i continue to make the loan payment. I hope not all manufacturers and dealers are this poor. When the sale is made they could care less and will not stand behind their product.
Hi There!

On behalf of CrossRoads, let me be the first to apologize for what you have gone through. It sounds like there could be plenty of blame to be passed back and forth between manufacturer and dealer...but right now, the only thing that matters is getting you fixed up and on the road. I am contacting you privately to see how I can help bridge some of these gaps!

Thank you,
Christian
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2015, 09:07 AM   #10
Family Vacation Member

Oops- well, I tried to send you a message, but for some reason...it isn't offering that option. If you are able, please shoot me an email at cmuffoletto@crossroadsrv.com...We'll work from there!
ChristianM is offline   Reply With Quote