Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-26-2013, 12:51 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to TB88

Traded in 2005 Cruiser CF28CK for a 2014 Cruiser 335SS.I had good luck with the 2005 unit.Just picked up the new unit drove it home from the dealer 15 miles away through a light rain.Opened up slides and found every window except the bedroom had water inside the sills the worst being the two skinny back ones at the back.where the water was running out of the sills down the wall.Also I cannot figure out howthe watergot into the two windows on either end of the dinette as they are not exposed to the outside during travel.Also noted the electric jacks at the back descend at different rates with the drivers side touching the ground way ahead of the passengers side one.I can also push the electric motor in about I inch.Needless to say my wife and I are not toimpressed,and am afraid of what else is in store for us
Old 05-26-2013, 12:55 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Sorry to hear of your problems...the best news is you only have a 15 mile drive. The rear stabilizers on all the units come down at a different rate...on mine the driver's side comes down and touches first...thencurb side...and after they both make good contact they push up together. And I believe it does move around slightly too. Hope you get the window problem fixed...the 335SS is a beautiful unit.

Travel Well,
Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:18 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Maybe condensation on the windows rather than leaks?? Just a thought. Also, if there was an open vent, window or other air leak, then rain can enter the window sills thru the small weep holes at the bottom of each window. But that only applies to exterior windows.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2013, 01:29 PM   #4
Site Team

Can't figure out how the side windows on slide got wet. They didn't power wash it before you picked it up did they?? Hope you find the answer. Had good luck with our new 335SS. Hope your luck improves.

Edited by: mark5w

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 01:29 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by TB88

Traded in 2005 Cruiser CF28CK for a 2014 Cruiser 335SS.I had good luck with the 2005 unit.Just picked up the new unit drove it home from the dealer 15 miles away through a light rain.Opened up slides and found every window except the bedroom had water inside the sills the worst being the two skinny back ones at the back.where the water was running out of the sills down the wall.Also I cannot figure out howthe watergot into the two windows on either end of the dinette as they are not exposed to the outside during travel.Also noted the electric jacks at the back descend at different rates with the drivers side touching the ground way ahead of the passengers side one.I can also push the electric motor in about I inch.Needless to say my wife and I are not toimpressed,and am afraid of what else is in store for us

The jacks will adjust themselves for uneven ground - you may just need to pull on one side to get them into 'equal alignment". I put wooden blocks or plastic blocks under them if the ground is not level side to side.

Never had any water come in when driving through the rain. I did recheck all of our window seals and had to add some RTV on a couple of the side windows where they cut the seal too short.

The probably washed the unit with and the water got in the drain holes for the windows. Take a close look at the window and you will see drain holes/slots in some. make sure they are not clogged/plugged.

I would check things out while you have it parked at home - double check the pre-inspection performed by the dealer.

Also, you may want to put all of the slides out and hose the unit down and look for any leaks - I did it to ours when I got it home.

Edited by: NorskeNY

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:36 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Have the same problem with the two small windows at the back on my 2014 Cruiser. These windows do not op[en so they do not have drain holes. Taking mine back to dealer next week. I had this problem with to windows on the bedroom slide on another RV and they found the window had not been sealed when placed into the opening. Check your bed outas mine has been used about 8 times and the frame walls have come loose and the mattresssupport plywood is sagging. QC was sleeping when mine come through for inspection.
Seeing the country we defend
JAllen & JKay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 11:22 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w
Can't figure out how the side windows on slide got wet.Â* They didn't power wash it before you picked it up did they??Â*
Tony -- Or did it rain before you picked up the camper?
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote