Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-14-2011, 10:10 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

upon returning to the rv last night after being gone for 4 days the AC unit will not run, when I left I always shut unit off. Ichecked the breaker it was not tripped, tried the heat side as well as the AC side nothing. the unit seems dead. not even a click sound from thermostat. and even the fan will not cycle, thinking I have a bad thermostat. any help would be awesome.
amishco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 12:51 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

Check the shaft on the AC it may be stuck. I had the same problem it was a little rusty gave it a spin and oil it. It happened in the spring it has worked fine ever since.

'05 28CK

'03 Silverado 8.1 Allison Trans
ThreePutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 02:45 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Check to make sure your RVbattery is working properly. If you have a dual zone theromostat, make sure it is on the correct zone.
'12 Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL (ours!)
Barry, the ADHD x 2 German Shepherd mix, Granddog.
FFFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 01:58 PM   #4
Family Vacation Member

If you did a mod on the thermostat and it requires batterys are they good?

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 10:04 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thanks for all the posts, after having my son check it out, we first replaced the thermostat still nothing. he then pulled the filter on ac unit and found that up in the air conditioner itself there is a 3 amp fuse located under a metal plate that was blown. after replacing the fuse the entire heat/ac now works. I am still not sure what would have caused the fuse to blow and hopefully it continues to work without blowing more fuses.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:22 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

Follow up, well with the cooler weather felt here in PA over the weekend we ran furnace and after ten minutes the fuse blew, replaced it with another fuse and that one worked all weekend. hopefully it was just a bad fuse and we can get through the rest of the season. when we have the unit serviced.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:48 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by amishco
Follow up, well with the cooler weather felt here in PA over the weekend we ran furnace and after ten minutes the fuse blew, replaced it with another fuse and that one worked all weekend. hopefully it was just a bad fuse and we can get through the rest of the season. when we have the unit serviced.
Not likely a bad fuse! You probably have a short somewhere in your control circuit which could be a simple break in wiring insulation or a relay coil going bad. Vibration could make this come and go. If the fuse don't fit tightly in the holder, it could also blow from heat build-up.
carl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2011, 08:58 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

You should also make sure all the wire nut connections are tight.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote