Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 05:07 AM   #1
New Camper

AC Question for Cruiser Aire RK28

Hello All -
I would love some feedback. We just bought a 2015 Cruiser Aire RK28. It has a single AC unit over the living room/kitchen area. The bedroom is in the nose. We love the floor plan (the rear kitchen ROCKS) but are concerned that the single AC will not keep the bedroom cool. Well HE is concerned, and of course now I am. We use it for boat outings mostly and Lake Powell gets wicked hot. We do not want a second AC partly for the clearance (needs to fit in our shop) and most of the places we camp do not have 50AMP service anyway. It is our hope that with the bedroom door open the air will circulate. There is an AC vent in the bedroom but the air coming from it isn't dramatic even with the primary vents on the AC unit itself closed. I pray, pray, pray that it will work for us. Please let me know if you have any experience with this model.
Thank you!
RMG67
RockyMtnGal67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 06:46 AM   #2
Site Team

I don't have the same model you have, but there are some things you can check.
Pull the registers off and make sure the runs are sealed and not leaking. Especially the ones on each end. If they are it's just blowing the air into the attic. If the ends are open, seal it with expanding foam or something similar. If the others are not sealed, use furnace tape on the connection.

You are correct, AZ. gets hot. If you don't have a 15000 AC unit, and don't want to put an additional one over the bedroom, then changing out the 13500 to a 15000 is another option.
Good luck and welcome to the forum.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 07:31 PM   #3
Gone Traveling

We have the rear kitchen (2014 28 RK) We love the open floor plan. We have the 13.5k BDU Air Conditioner. We are currently at Gulf Shores Alabama. The AC is running all the time to keep it at 73 degrees inside. At night, it will cycle off. I have leaned that keeping the fan on will keep the air moving and keep it more comfortable. Also, I got a small 9" fan at Bed Bath and Beyond for $9.99 to put in the bedroom. It keeps it very comfortable. During the day a box fan in the living room area is a must.

As as previously menitoned, pulling down the vents and making sure they are sealed is very important. I did this first thing and it helped a lot.

I did get a quote for adding the second AC that would integrate with our exixting two zone Thermostat and duct work. The quote was somethinf like $1200 installed. I decided a couple of fans were cheaper
Chateau Duke To Go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 08:59 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

During the hottest point of day it is going to run continuously.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 10:12 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

They do sell slimline Coleman air conditioner. that are half the height. And some rv'ers have installed 110 plug separate from from the 30 amp distrubition box.
Randy68 is offline   Reply With Quote