Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-03-2022, 03:39 PM   #1
New Camper

Advice Needed..New Camper..Major repairs

I purchased a new 2022 Crossroads Volante 32fb back in September. Stayed in it twice then took it in for warranty work…seemed to be minor things. Trim, flooring, slides seal damaged. They have had my camper since the first of December. Received a call from them a few weeks ago, everything was fixed but the found the slide was misaligned and they were working on fixing it. Well I received that bad news call. The slide has to be rebuilt and that it will most likely have to be sent back to the manufacturer.

I’ve stayed in this thing two times and has only been in my possession for three months and two months at the service department. Can I demand a new camper? What are my options if any of you have dealt with this? I’m just not very happy about spending almost 40k on a camper and now it needs major repairs.

2022 Crossroads Volante 32fb
SouthMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 07:07 PM   #2
Site Team

Sorry to hear of your misfortune with the new camper. With that being said, you are not the first one it has happened to. I don't know if you could get a new one to replace it or not. Even if you did, how do you know it won't have the same problems this one has?

I think if they are offering to take it back to the factory for the repairs, you should probably take the offer. It will more than likely come back in better condition than a lot of the new ones coming off the line.
From what I've heard, their repair center has been very good.

Good luck with it, and please keep us informed.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2022, 09:26 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Have to agree with Lloyd. I can’t imagine having this problem with a new unit. A close friend of mine did though. Once completed he didn’t have anymore problems. So, sorry though. Keep us informed on the progress.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2022, 08:56 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

SouthMS
I also agree with Lloyd I would let them bring it back to the factory...I think your chances of them giving you another camper are next to none...I have only hear of that being done once since I have been on this forum...We rally with two couples that had their campers brought back to the factory, one of the couples had it taken back three times but the company compensated them with some extras...Both couples then have used their campers for more than eight years...You will also find out that there are some dealers that are not worth the powder to blow them to (you know the word)...I would also ask the manufacturer to extend your warranty to the day you get the camper back...They may or may not but it doesn't hurt to ask...Good luck...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 08:00 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

SleepyT,

I feel for you. Purchased mine late May of 2021 and in the 8 plus months since, I have only had it in mu possession for 45 days and 3 trips in that time. The rest has been at a dealers service center for multiple issues. I finally got it back on Saturday.

Check your state's lemon laws, there may be a clause for the amount of time it will need to be in service. You may not get a new unit out of it but you could get very close to what you have into it..

Regarding sending it to the factory... I would have preferred this for my unit as the shoddy work by the techs at my local facility ultimately added almost 5 months to the total work being done..

My unit is now repaired properly and I will be happy to use it. It sucks that your making payments on something you cannot use.
Gator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2022, 10:04 AM   #6
Site Team

Gator, that is good news!
Hopefully now you can get on with using your new rig.
Thanks for reporting back with the results.
Old 02-10-2022, 04:33 PM   #7
New Camper

SouthMS,
Looks like you need to gather up that rig and haul it back to the factory and demand another one. I wouldn't trust the Keystone techs after what they did to my Bullet 269rls after replacing the floor. Should you go that route, I would copy ALL paperwork and take lots of pictures. I was fortunate that my dealer had some clout with Keystone and he got me a replacement unit. Stick to your guns. Remember, You paid some serious coin for that rig. Good Luck
Old 02-10-2022, 06:32 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

furface
Call local campgrounds near your camper and ask them if they have a mobile tech they use and would recommend...I don't know but maybe they would coat your roof...Just a thought...

SouthMS
Got tired of messing with the dealer for my warranty work so called the manufacture and asked if they would pay for a mobile tech to do finish my warranty work and they agreed...Now just have to wait on parts...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2022, 09:13 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

Thanks SleepyT...........I never thought of trying that
Old 02-11-2022, 09:54 AM   #10
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by furface View Post
Hi all,......hope all is well. I am getting ready for this Spring maintenance to my 2012 ZT-291-RL to coat my roof. I have not done it since I bought it in 2020 and I figure it should be done. What I need to know is......the best product for cleaning it and coating it. I have seen on YouTube different products guys use and it just added to my confusion, so here I am asking the Forum here. My camper is on a permanent site 60 miles away and I don't think the roof would not support me and I can not find anyone in the Galesburg Illinois area to do it. Any advice would be GREAT.
[QUOTE=sleepyT;151387]furface
Call local campgrounds near your camper and ask them if they have a mobile tech they use and would recommend...I don't know but maybe they would coat your roof...Just a thought...

T

Quote:
Originally Posted by furface View Post
Thanks SleepyT...........I never thought of trying that

This thread is veering off course from what the OP was asking.
When you want to post a new question on a different issue, please start a new thread.
Old 02-11-2022, 06:00 PM   #11
Weekend Camper

We also had slide issues when we first got ours and some other repairs. We've now had it for 10 years and have had few problems and love our fifth wheel.
sllamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2022, 04:07 PM   #12
New Camper

Well after going back and forth with the dealer and Crossroads I think it’s finally about to be fixed. It will not be sent back to the manufacturer, all repairs will be done at the dealership I have it at. Slide will have to be removed, roof removed, walls and slide adjusted. I just have a bad feeling about this. Not suggesting the techs are t qualified but I can see this causing other issues.
Old 03-10-2022, 06:16 PM   #13
Full Time Camper

SouthMs so sorry. Hopefully it will all get repaired correctly. I’d try to get an extended warranty from the time work is completed since it’s new. Not sure that’s possible but I’d try. Good luck and keep us up to date.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2022, 04:32 AM   #14
Seasonal Camper

I would not put up with that.
Get a lawyer and get refunded for the purchase or demand a brand new unit.

let them keep the old unit and sell it as salvaged, because that is what it will be.

You only had it 2 months before this.

In my home state, it would qualify under the lemon law.

Get their attention and you will be compensated fairly.

I would never let dealers do those kind of repairs on a brand new unit and expect it to be in a new condition when returned to me.

Never!

2020 Ram 2500 Bighorn 6.7 Diesel
2014 Zinger 27RL (Traded)
2022 Grand Design Reflection 315RLTS
markandkim is offline   Reply With Quote