Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-30-2014, 06:52 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Always such a slow forum?

I was not much of a lurker here before I joined, so I cant say I have been reading here long enough to know. I also quit reading any of the other RV forums I joined before I found this one. So just wondering is it always this slow around here or is it just cause its RV slumber season for all the northern folks on here?

Unfortunately for me, weather had been great in my neck of the woods, just haven't found time were both me and the wife have had the time off work at the same time to take the TT out. Holidays, work, sick kids have all played a part in keeping the TT parked and collecting sun rays and falling leaves.

On a bright note I did find time yesterday to install the 32" television in the swivel mounting spot between the bed room and living room. Even spent a little time laying on the couch and watched half of the movie "The Hangover" before the wife called me into the house to feed the kiddos.

Hope everyone is doing well and your trailers/RV's are dreaming warm thoughts of hitting the road in the springtime sun shine!

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 Longhorn

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB (basically its a Zinger ReZerve 35' bunkhouse that has been decked out Texas style)
FireRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
Site Team

I agree that the forum has been a little slow lately. That could be attributed to several different things. ----holidays, winter time in the north country, etc.

With that being said, there has been 9080 threads started on this forum and 89524 posts. So it's not slow all the time.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:06 PM   #3
Weekend Camper

Well, I shouldn't complain about it too much. I have been checking in every three days. If it was super busy I would miss too much and never be able to catch up and read it all...

2014 Ram 2500 Cummins Megacab 4x4 Longhorn

2015 CrossRoads Longhorn ReZerve LTZ31SB (basically its a Zinger ReZerve 35' bunkhouse that has been decked out Texas style)
FireRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:11 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

I think the holidays and cold have had a lot to do with it. I also think that the site has also become much slower to navigate since all the advertisements went into effect.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Tim D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:12 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Hey....is there something wrong with slow and easy?...that's what retirement is all about!

06 F350 KR PS CC SRW

...Wish we were camping...
cowboy_71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:15 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim D View Post
I think the holidays and cold have had a lot to do with it.

I also think that the site has also become much slower to navigate since all the advertisements went into effect.

For myself, I have to disagree with that. I don't find it any different for speed of navigation then before the advertizing was implemented.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:58 PM   #7
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloyd View Post
For myself, I have to disagree with that. I don't find it any different for speed of navigation then before the advertizing was implemented.
I have noticed that it tends to hang up at times. I have had to refresh it at times when nothing but the header shows. I have tried your advice and although it is not consistent, at times is painfully slow and unique to this forum.

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 12-30-2014, 08:05 PM   #8
Site Team

I still suggest Adblock plus. Has not created any other issues on my computer and all the ads are gone.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:28 PM   #9
Full Time Camper

Rob
Yall down south should be regaling us yankees with all kinds of camping adventures being you having all that warm weather and all... My 5er is sound asleep, and I am having a hard time even typing this post, with my fingers being frozen and stuff...

All kidding aside I think it's pretty busy on here considering the time of year....I would venture a guess the only forum busier than this one would be RV net or Good Sam which is the same forum...
2022 Alliance Avenue 32RLS

In God We Trust
A proud member of the one percent...Semper Fi
sleepyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:35 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

For me it's been slow as the camper sits out in the barn and we try to get through the winter here in IL.. waiting and wishing for warmer weather.. and man it's not even Jan 1st yet..
Old 12-31-2014, 07:45 PM   #11
Full Time Camper

Camper still at dealer. I was just doing some prep for a duck hunt in the morning and my hands are already stinging from the cold!

Tim
13 ST25RB
08 F-250 SC 6.8L XLT 4x4
Old 01-01-2015, 03:01 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

I agree with Lloyd.....I think during the holidays everyone is busy with family and traveling. In the colder part of the country people don't get to go camping as much as you lucky ones in the warmer states, unless your lucky to be retired and stay in the warmer states over the winter. I'm sure things will pick up soon. I know I can't wait to head to Texas at the end of March.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2015, 04:17 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

Hey Rob,
When you mounted your television, was the solid wood that's inside the swivel mount (for the screws to fasten into) centered on yours? I wanted to mount my tv bracket in the center of the swivel panel, and the sticker was in the center, but the wood strip inside the hollow panel was not centered, it was off to the right a few inches. I called CR and they told me they would replace the panel with a new one, but I was curious after reading your post how you made out.

Oh yeah, +1 on Adblock, works great on my pc....

Matt & Kirsten - Seekonk, Massachusetts
2015 Z-1 252TD Toy Hauler
2002 AVALANCHE 2500 8.1L Z85
ConveyTrex is offline   Reply With Quote