Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Any suggestions on a replacement for the stock antenna on 2010' cruiser? when were without cable,we cant get anything but stuttering programs.

Old 06-04-2012, 01:48 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

a few questions to help find a solution.

1. Is your tv digital ready?

2. If not, do you have a converter box?

3. Is your roof antenna a standard winegard batwing?

4. If not you may want to check into http://www.campingworld.com/shopping...-wingman/44021

Kernersville, NC

2011 Ram 4500 SLT 4x4

2005 PF36SK
delqcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 02:52 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

another question, have you tried using the signal boost button?

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 10:29 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I was thinking the Boost button as well.. Mine won't work hardly at all without the little red light on.

If you TV isn't digital ready, it is time to upgrade. It has been Many,Many years and would be hard pressed to find a TV that isn't digital ready. My 8 year old TV in one of my spare bedrooms in my house is digital. Tube style ! (non LCD)

I didn't know they made the "wingman". I will have to get one of those. Thanks for posting that

2005 Cruiser

2001 F250 7.3

danskool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I would also like a good replacement for the stock antenna - but I'm sure I don't want to go to the crank up Winegard Sensar. While my old trailer with the crank up antenna worked well, I don't want to cut the hole in my roof and put in the crank handle.

My 2011 TT has the current - Omnidirectional Disk, and even with the boost button on, it doesn't get any channels - in the same campground, I use to get 7-9 channels with the Sensar ( or that type) of antenna.

Before I would put in the crank up type, I'm more tempted to just get a DirectTV antenna and take the DirectTV receiver with me - Of course, now I'd have to be more careful about my campsite for line of sight to the satellite.

Edited by: epjohnso

2011 Sunset Trails 24RB

2012 Dodge RAM 1500 5.7Hemi
epjohnso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 03:07 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by epjohnso

I would also like a good replacement for the stock antenna - but I'm sure I don't want to go to the crank up Winegard Sensar. While my old trailer with the crank up antenna worked well, I don't want to cut the hole in my roof and put in the crank handle.

My 2011 TT has the current - Omnidirectional Disk, and even with the boost button on, it doesn't get any channels - in the same campground, I use to get 7-9 channels with the Sensar ( or that type) of antenna.

Before I would put in the crank up type, I'm more tempted to just get a DirectTV antenna and take the DirectTV receiver with me - Of course, now I'd have to be more careful about my campsite for line of sight to the satellite.

Ed...we had a 2nd dish from a friend. While we don't watch it much, it is totally worth $6/mo to add the receiver for the camper. We love spending time there, and having regular TV is a great bonus. We mounted a standard dish on PVC that I clamped to the ladder - works great!
2014 Zinger 32QB
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:29 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Eddy,
What's the $6 a month for? What company is this and are you talking about a receiver here or just a dish of some type?

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 01:38 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Yeah, the Omnidirectional Disk Crossroads puts in their units is crap. I finally got fed up with it and ordered/installed a Jack antenna (TV for free). Only cost me $119 and it works great...triple the number of channels theOmnidirectional Disk can pull in

Here's a link to a good article on Jack antenna installation: http://rvroadtrip.us/library/jack_antenna_install.php

DV

South Carolina

2011 Slingshot 29BH
DoubleVeteran is offline   Reply With Quote