Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-11-2011, 01:47 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Got back from the rally and thought I'd use the flush kit. I do this several times a year especially after a long trip. I filled the tank and pulled the hose....the thought of my water system connected to the black tank does little for me....yeah I know there's a valve...but this time it was leaking ALOT. Is there maybe just some solids of sort stopping the valve from closing or has anyone have this valve fail?
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2011, 04:45 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

ClassicHammond---I'm a little confused about your post--a couple of comments. Your black tank is not connected to your water system, unless you modified it in some way it's nothing but a tank and a drainage system. The leaking you talk about is that at the drain valve? or is that at the flush water connection? If it at the drain valve then yes probably something in the waykeeping it fromcompletelyclosing or possibly the actuator has become disconnected. Most likely something in the way, so close it as best as you can and re-flush as necessary to clear it. If you cant get it closed after several trys you might need to have someone look at it. If it is theflush connection that is back leaking water thenyour(in line) check valve is not working properly and needs to be replaced/repaired ASAP to keep black water from possiblybeing siphoned out. Hope this helps.

Flyone
Old 08-11-2011, 06:57 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I have had both items happen to me. First the water connection to the flush system is different that the one for your fresh water connection. However, I am not sure if it were to back up through the fresh water hose. A little far fetched. Ok with all the mumbling here is how I fixed both problems. I added a manual shut off at the dump end so if the valve did not close and leaked it would not spill as I took off the cap. I did replace a valve and it was a complete pain in the hind. In regards to the water to the flush I added a hose clamp to hoses inside the trailer. I also use a reducer to lower the pressure to the sprayer.

I know this is a lot but hope it helps
Old 08-12-2011, 06:54 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

The check valve to the flush kit is spring loaded and requires water presure to overcome the spring.the black tank will not hold presure as there is a vent out the roof AND if the drain valve is open it dump there also.As for the water coming out the hose conection it's just hose expantion bleeding off UPSTREAM of the check valve--no worry.

You realy can't get black water to flow up and out the flush kit connection.

2006 GMC Duramax-Edge Evolution

2011 CT29RLX

Bikes,Canoe,toys,toys,toyz
we-canoe is offline   Reply With Quote