Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2019, 09:36 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Are Mor Ryde Suspensions really worth it?

I have a Keystone/Crossroads/ZingerLite trailer (#ZR211RD). I’ve seen and read a few things lately about trailer suspension upgrade kits, such as the Mor Ryde 3000, and wondered if this upgrade is really necessary. I Googled around and find people saying, “I love ours” but no real TESTED PROOF about what they do. I find it hard to imagine that a small square of rubber is changing the smoothness of the ride in the trailer.

I hoped I would find some independent person who took a bounce/vibration scale in a trailer during a 10-mile trial, then compared after installing the kit.

What do you think?
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 02:16 PM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Dear FB,

Can't give you any definitive study data, but I can say this.

When I pulled my factory standard shackles and equalizer off of my then 18 month old 291RL, I was horrified to see that the plastic bearings between the bolts and the springs on one end and the equalizer on the other were all but worn through allowing for significant axle 'tramp' and vibration.

I installed the 'wet bolt' option with bronze bearings, and the Dexter equalizer, (much the same as the MorRyde unit) and am confident that the couple hundred dollar investment was well worth the peace of mind let alone the potential improvement in ride quality.

The only way I could prove the ride statement is that I have traveled to the same park along the same route frequently, and since the installation, the drawers and cabinet doors don't open during transit, and everything stays put.

Below is a link to my experiences installing same, it's a bit long, but nevertheless accurate.

http://www.crossroadsowners.com/foru...ade-13722.html

I hope it helps.
Biggles607 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2019, 06:37 PM   #3
Site Team

I have the same experience with the Lippert equalizers as Biggles. Chunks are missing from the rubber puck. I have the wetbolts and Dexter equalizer ready to put on when the weather breaks.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:52 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
I have the same experience with the Lippert equalizers as Biggles. Chunks are missing from the rubber puck. I have the wetbolts and Dexter equalizer ready to put on when the weather breaks.

Mark,

I usually follow suit when you or Lloyd recommend/install upgrades..no pressure . I've not pulled my wheels and checked my bushings yet and I'm at about 7,000 miles on the trailer.

Another big trip out west this year, so sounds like I need to put her in the air and have the suspension be one less thing I have to worry about..I suspect i will find shredded sleeves and bolt wear.

Question to anyone out there, what were the deciding factors to go with whatever setup you upgraded to? I definitely will go wet bolts with brass sleeves, however my trailer is running around 8-9 K fully loaded so don't know if the Mor-ryde SRE4000 is overkill and looks like I might have clearance issues. The CRE3000 is more like the Dexter, but still significantly more expensive...so I like the Dexter since it appears to be the most cost effective upgrade from the OEM Lippert (junk).

I know there are other threads however I'd like to hear some recent reviews of how the installs went, differences in ride, etc.

2017 Ford F350 Super Duty 6.7 King Ranch Crew
Sold the 2016 Crossroads Sunset Trail Grand Reserve 32BH
2020 Grand Design Momentum 320G
OhioMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 05:59 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Yep, Yep, Me too, Me too.
FenderBender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 06:07 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

So, stupid question here. I don’t ride in the trailer and it doesn’t bounce around and throw things in the floor or push drawers out and the tires wear even and pulls smooth. Now the stupid question is: Why add shocks or suspension to change it? Not knocking anyone that wants to at all, but I just don’t get it.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 07:46 AM   #7
Site Team

Ted, I think it all depends on the individual situation.
If you're satisfied with the way things seem to be staying put in your trailer, and not bouncing all over, with doors and drawers open when you arrive at your destination. I guess if it was me, I wouldn't spend the money.

I ordered the Mor Ryde with our trailer. It didn't ride worth a crap. Things scattered all over, doors and drawers open, it was a mess. So I changed out the pin box for a Mor Ryde pin box. The difference was almost unbelievable.
Things stayed put and the chucking was just about totally eliminated.

Later I installed the wet bolt kit, brass bushing, new bolts with the grease zerk. This something I would recommend to you and everyone else.
They put a plastic bushing in them, and mine was just about worn out. Now I don't hear the squeaking back there.
I would never tell anyone to not install the Mor Ryde. I would say, make sure you're not throwing your money away on something that won't benefit you.
Lloyd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2019, 08:53 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Makes sense Lloyd. Yea mine holds together fine. My last 5er I could see that because we had to tie the drawers together with bungees to keep them closed. I will look into the wet bolt kit. Thanks for the advice.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 11:51 AM   #9
New Camper

have never experienced it. but this is a very interesting posting to follow
bertha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 03:41 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

No specific testing here, but after installing the Moryde CRE 3000 components, the trailer seems to take potholes and bumps much smoother. No squeaking also. Everything in the trailer stays put better also. Before purchasing the new components, I didn’t understand how you would be able to tell the difference while towing a trailer, but you can, especially after also changing to good tires (GY Endurance in my case).

The Moryde system seemed reasonably priced to me, and was pretty easy to put on. Jacking up the trailer was the hardest part.
Former: Crossroads ST26RB
Steve7 is offline   Reply With Quote