Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-20-2011, 08:48 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Hi. I have a brand new zinger ZT26BL that we bought last month. We took it out on the maiden voyage this weekend and we discovered a problem w/ the awning. When we try to raise it, the arms aren't snapping into place properly. The little pin isn't coming all the way thru the holes like it should. We thought we had it and the awning stayed up for awhile and then suddenly came down. I was standing on the camper stairs and luckily had not walked out yet or I would have been hit in the head! I'm gonna call the dealer and get it fixed under warranty but I was just wondering if anyone else had this problem?
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 02:22 AM   #2
New Camper

I had this with our new Zinger. One arm would suddenly come down. I found that if you wiggle the arm a bit when the pin is trying to go into the hole, then you can feel it go all the way through the metal to the inside of the arm and then no problems. it is imperative that the handle be pushed all the way in toward the arm when done, though! It's easy to leave it kind of not quite pushed in. i think those new arms, while nice and light, are a crummy design compared to the ones I had on my Sunline.

Charlie
Old 02-23-2011, 12:37 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

We have an appt w/ dealership service department on sat. It is 2hrs away and they need more than the day w/ it as I have several little things for them to tweak as well so we are gonna drop it and leave it w/ them for a week. I hope they fix it, I don't want an awning I can't trust. Will update when I get it back.
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 02:00 AM   #4
New Camper

I had asked the dealer about it and they had no problems reported. I think it's just a crappy design--the pin is not very forcefully spring loaded. Once it does come thru the hole all is fine if the handle is pushed all the way in. My dealer was going to replace it anyway but once I found the little trick to it, I never went back and never had the problem again.