Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-18-2011, 10:24 AM   #1
New Camper

Ok, I am stumped...

We have a slingshot 29bh.

My 2 year old locked the bathroom door, then closed it behind her on the way out...thankfully not on the way in.

It has a round hole that looks like it should open or unlock with a pin from the outside...but no luck.

Called the dealer and they said "it is not straight forward to unlock...bring it in". You have got to be kidding me that this is going to take a trip to the dealer! What is up with that? They put locks on the outside door and compartments that are all the same so anyone can get in and they give a bathroom door lock that you have to bring it to the dealer to have it opened...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

merbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 10:42 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

They must have changed the type of handles because mine has a button with a slot. Turn the button with a coin or screwdriver and it unlocks the door. My house doors have a hole and if you poke a small object about the size of a toothpickinto the hole and push, that will unlock them. Try an awl, ink-pen cartridge or nail and push. Having to take it to the dealer is just ridiculous!!
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:09 PM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Our FW has a toilet room and the shower outside in the bedroom,yours may be the same,but I was looking in the medicine cabinet when we first got it and saw a key for the toilet room door.Its a flat piece of metal like (not unlike a bathroom or bedroom home lock set)a nail with a flat end like a screw driver and a hook at the other end to give you something to turn with.Might check the cabinet.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 12:11 PM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I just looked at the bathroom door lock on my 07 Cruiser (we are actually camping in it right now). It has a small hole that you can insert a small flat blade screwdriver into. If you turn it counter-clockwise about a quarter turn it unlocks the handle. When I first looked into it I could not see the slot for the screwdriver so I tried pushing it but nothing happened. I pulled out the screwdriver and retried and felt the screwdriver slip into the slot. I guess it was blocked with dust or some debris. At any rate, I then tried turning it and it did unlock and lock the handle. Maybe yours is like ours and you need to use a small screwdriver and turn it? I really question the dealers need to have you bring it in for them to fix. I would think that even if it isn't like mine the "fix" would have to be fairly simple and something they should be willing to explain to you over the phone.
Hope this helps,
Lonnie

04 2500 Hemi Ram Quad Cab
Chuck N. Wined is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:41 PM   #5
New Camper

Thanks for the replies everyone! Unfortunately I am still not in my bathroom... it does have the round hole but pushing with a nail in is not releasing anything, or allowing me to turn the knob. Thought the round outer round hole may have been a decoy to make me think it was the same as a house door lock your release with a push...so I put a flashlight to the hole and could not tell much, looks like some mechanics are showing but could not push or turn anything that made a difference, tried a nail, allen wrench, and even a tiny eye glass screwdriver. Looked through everything supplied to us and could not find a tool...unless as you say FBI that it is in the cabinet locked behind the door. Tomorrow I will try to call the dealer again and ask for help, really don't want to have to go to the dealer for this so might just twist it off for now and make sure park the trailer lower on the bathroom corner to have gravity help me out. Lol...but maybe not...

merbert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 11:33 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

I recommend that you call the warranty/service department (1-888-226-7496) at CrossRoads and tell them your problem. They should be able to tell you how to open the door. Having to take the unit back to the dealer for something like this is rediculous.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 02:02 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

Try taking a screwdriver or some kind offlat bladebetween the door and the door jamb at the latch. You should be able to pry the door and the jamb far enough apart to at least get the door open. Most of the trailersIhave been in are"loose enough" that you should be able todo it without tearing anythingup.I knowits not the prefered wayto do itbut I would give it a shot before taking it to the dealer.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:12 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

I agree with Scott.
cwit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 09:15 AM   #9
Weekend Camper

I checked mine today and it has a screwdriver slot in the small hole.

Stan

1994 GMC SLE EC PU DRW 454 4:10 Posi

Hensley BD3 Prodigy

Trailair rotoflex pinbox and equaflex with wet bolts

2010 Cruiser CTX CF26RKX

Semper Fidelis '53-'61
nrausa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 11:15 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

Our DD did the same thing in our ZInger. DH had to take the whole door handle apart to get it open. It took about an hour of playing around with different tools to open it up and then he finally just took it apart, unlocked it and put it back together. That should save you a trip to the dealer. Good luck.

edited to add: you might want to change out the handle for one with no lock or put a piece of tape over the latch so they can't lock it again on you!Edited by: anaro

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 03:37 AM   #11
Full Time Camper

so did you ever get into your bathroom or did you have to go to the dealer?

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2011, 08:12 AM   #12
Weekend Camper

I have a GT29BH and in the enveloppe where all the paperwork and instruction were there was a small "scewdriver" thing for the bathroom door.

Maybe they did not put one with all the instructions?

gadou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 08:39 AM   #13
New Camper

Thank you on bathroom lock tips

Just wanted to say thanks for the posts. I just had the same locked bathroom door issue. Solved! It took trying three small screwdrivers before finding one small enough, the blade also wide enough, and the also the blade tapers gradual enough. Eyeglasses.. too small. Craftsman clip to your pocket too wide, Stanley clip to your pocket... just right. Yes, turn counter clockwise.
Wcdoering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2018, 09:55 AM   #14
Seasonal Camper

If it has the tiny hole you push with a nail or something on the cam inside and turn the knob AT THE SAME TIME.
Old 10-07-2018, 11:54 PM   #15
Gone Traveling

You can try to open the lock with something else if your key doesn't work.
lilys is offline   Reply With Quote