Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2011, 01:06 PM   #1
Full Time Camper

Looking for thoughts ona battery replacement. We have never dried camped and don't really see itin the future. So I really don't feel (I maybe swayed) that (2) 6V Trojans are really necessary or warrant the cost.

So I'm looking for thoughts on replacing the 12V I currently have. Brand, specs, warranty, etc.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2011, 11:41 PM   #2
Site Team

If you don't "ever" intend to be a dry camper---I don't see any sense in you spending the money for two 6v Trojans.Two of those, and you are looking at upwards of $400.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 07:50 AM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Are you sure that you really need a new battery? A three year old battery that has never been run flat should still be in pretty good condition. If it does need replacement, I would get the least expensive battery you can find that has the same or slightly better specs than the original. With your style of camping, you just don't put enough demand on a battery to justify spending any more than necessary.

Dodge 3500, 2011 CF305SKP
CygnusSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2011, 09:52 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I buy my batteries from Wal-Mart .I get the deep cycle and the 29 series.The smaller 24 or 27 would work for you or heck you could use a car battery if you wanted sense you don't see ever draining it down, but we dry camp several times a year and use a honda 3000 to recharge our battery when needed.I think the last one I bought was around $80 and will last several years as a rule. That is if the battery dosen't have some enteral problem that can't be forseen.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote