Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2016, 09:52 PM   #1
New Camper

Bent stabilizer

I bent the front stabilizer arm. I was trying to stabilize the front on un-even ground and the front right stabilizer bent almost in half. Can you replace the arm or do I have to replace the whole electric stabilizer?? I can't find anybody that sells just the arm?? Any suggestions?? Thanks in advance. KJ
hollie101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 02:07 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

I bent one on the rear of my trailer a couple of years ago and was told by the manufacturer that they did not sell parts that I had to buy the entire unit. I wound up removing the stabilizer mechanism from the trailer and took it to a welding shop. The guy there was able to heat and straighten the arm. Cost me $80 bucks for the repair as opposed to a couple of hundred or more.
'04 Dodge 2500 Quadcab CTD
gball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2016, 03:37 PM   #3
Site Team

Find out the brand and let us know. In the meantime, check out this website: https://www.etrailer.com/search/5th+Wheel+Landing+Gear

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2016, 09:03 PM   #4
New Camper

Thanks

Thanks guys, I appreciate the responses. Yes, gball I was afraid of that. However, great idea and I would rather spend $80.00 than 299.00 for a new one. I will try that.

Thanks mark5w. I did check out the website. I should have been more specific. Its a Ultra light front Electric Stabilizer jack with spacer by Lippert Components Inc. Model # 198641. I checked out there website and it looks like they only sell the whole unit, no parts?? I will probably go with gballs advise and find a welder. Thanks again..