Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-02-2012, 12:09 PM   #1
New Camper

Can anyone give input on the easiest way to clean off the top of your slide before closing up....especially if it is really tall. Hate to take an 8' ladder on every tripand afraid to crawl on roof! Have a 2012 Zinger 25RB.
ibbasn2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 01:11 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

If we have been parked under trees I just go up on the roof with a broom and sweep off all three slides. No big deal. Our cruiser does have a ladder on the back of it for roof access.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2012, 03:24 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I do carry one of the little giant ladders but there was someone here on the from tied a rope to a towel and moved it back and forth over the side. Sounded good to me.

Old 10-03-2012, 12:24 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

This past summer I met a guy who carried a leaf blower. Not only did it clear the pad very well, it would clear the top of the slide...
Captain Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:39 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

I don't know of any really good way to clean it except to get up on the roof. Unless you get the slide covers. I use a older soft wash brush on a extendable pole just for that, but I still have to get on the roof.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 04:11 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

X2 on the leaf blower. We have an 18V B&D. Makes quick work of cleaning off the slides before we close and go. Also keeps the pad cleared off. I take a 6' step ladder when we go.

Paul & Pam
'14 Bay Hill 340RK
'12 Ram 3500
Jazz & Allee
PMSPKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:06 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

X3 on the leaf blower---I don't need a ladder with mine. I used a fernco (rubber boot) fitting to connect from said leaf blower to 2 inch PVC about 8 ft. long, slip fit (I did not glue the elbow) a 9o degree elbow then about 24 inches of 2 inch pvc with a reducing elbow pointing downward. walk along on the ground blowing the slide out off. Works great, I climbed the ladder several times when I first started using it just to check and see how good of job it did, I'm convinced, I don't worry about it anymore, blow off all slide's just before bringing them in, never leave the ground. Take it a part put it in the basement--re-charge the batt next time out.

Flyone