Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-23-2010, 12:26 PM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I used our black tank flush, for the 1st time this past week end, on our2nd time out in our CF31REP. With the black tank empty & the valve still open, I turned on the "regulated" water, to the flush attachment. Immediately, water started running from underneath the black plastic barrier. My first thought was the hose fitting did not have a rubber washer, & then maybe, the hose wasn't attached to the bulkhead fitting. While still investigating what happened, the DW, yelled that clear water was running in the galley area, from underneath the cabinets. I realize this might be a warranty issue, but did I do something wrong?
'12 Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL (ours!)
Barry, the ADHD x 2 German Shepherd mix, Granddog.
FFFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Seems like something is either not connected or plumbed wrong. The tank flush water line should only go to the black tank and no where else. Almost sounds like the flush water line is laying unattached under the floor (above the membrane/insulation). Keep us posted.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 02:03 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

Could be the vacuum break check valve that is in the tank flush line. Mine is located in the bathroom sink cabinet just behind where the outside water connection for the tank flush is located.tIf he check is not closing then water will leak out of the top of the valve. Mine tends to leak if the water is turned on too fast.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2010, 03:10 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by FFFord
I used our black tank flush, for the 1st time this past week end, on our2nd time out in our CF31REP. With the black tank empty & the valve still open, I turned on the "regulated" water, to the flush attachment. Immediately, water started running from underneath the black plastic barrier. My first thought was the hose fitting did not have a rubber washer, & then maybe, the hose wasn't attached to the bulkhead fitting. While still investigating what happened, the DW, yelled that clear water was running in the galley area, from underneath the cabinets. I realize this might be a warranty issue, but did I do something wrong?

I doubt that you did anything wrong and yes this isa warranty issue. It's possible that the line came off at the connection to the tank flush. I hada similar situation, only it was at the outside endof the flush hose. If Crossroads is using the same method of hose attachment as onour '06 CF30SK, then I'm not at all surprised that it may have come off. Takeyour trailer back to the dealership and haveit repair the problem under warranty. Edited by: Hamops
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:06 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

I have an appt. with the dealer, next Wed 3-31, to take care of this & some other minor warranty issues. He seems to think, the hose slipped out of a fitting & thinks he can have it out, the same day. I'll update after the repairs.
Old 03-31-2010, 08:49 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Just got back from Topper's RV in Waller. The technician & I found, that the hose was laying on the floor and not connected to the bulkhead fitting. So much for quality control. My dealer had it fixed in less than 20 minutes. Not so bad for a 150 mile round trip! Thanks again, forum members.
Old 04-10-2010, 07:01 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

I took my Cruiser to ExploreUSA here in San Antonio for several issues which came up during our trip last month to Disneyworld. The biggest issue is a non-working black tank flush. Crossroads will repair the flush under warranty so now it is a week to wait for parts. I might add that this ExploreUSA location has been most welcoming to me and our Cruiser. Lots of stories on here and some other boards about RVs purchased from RV Wholesalers and other Internet dealers not being able to get warranty repairs from the local Crossroads dealers. Terri Gola, the service manager is excellent to work with and very accommodating. Their work is done correctly the first time. I even had them install a Maxxfan I purchased on EBay. ExploreUSA's install price was fair and reasonable. When I came to pick up the Cruiser it had been washed!

Anyone needing service down in these parts would do well to contact Terri.

Art and Karen
2013 Itasca Sunstar 35F, 2013 Ford C Max toad.
170 nights in 2013
132 in 2014
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2010, 12:55 PM   #8
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFFord
Just got back from Topper's RV in Waller. The technician & I found, that the hose was laying on the floor and not connected to the bulkhead fitting. So much for quality control. My dealer had it fixed in less than 20 minutes. Not so bad for a 150 mile round trip! Thanks again, forum members.

Did you ask them why they didn't pick that up at the PDI? They are suppose to test water systems 100%, I hope you didn't pay for the PDI!
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #9
Weekend Camper

We had the same problem on our New 30SK last August. Had to make a 200 mile round trip. Dealer said the hose was kinked . I agree that they apparently do not test the water systems 100%. I could have avoided the trip if I had done a thorough check myself before I brought the unit home. Dealer did a quick "run through" . I didn't ask them to hook up the water hose or put a CD in the sound system. Hose inlet leaked like a sifter and sound system had to be replaced with a new one due to defective DVD player. Lesson learned. The next time I buy a new RV I will make them check everything before I drive off the lot. I think Crossroads could do a better job with quality control but I am more than pleased with the service after the sale. Been using the Cruiser since last August with no more issues. I'm a happy camper.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote