Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2010, 07:00 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

During the last trip, the black tank flush stopped working. I removed the membrane enough to reach the hose and disconnected it. The hose connects to the flush fitting via a 90 dg barb adapter. After removing the adapter, there is a 4" X 1/2" screen tube with hundreds of small holes that sticks into the tank. I removed the screen and it was packed with lots of TP. I also found that TP had entered the 90dg adapter and the supply hose and had clogged the supply hose about 2-3" back up the hose. I flushed the hose, cleaned the screen and all works fine now. There are no moving parts. I thought about installing a Tornado flush, but that would require removing more of the membrane and drilling a new hole in the tank. I decided against it for now. Pretty easy job. I think the main problem is that the flush fitting is too low in the tank. Mine sits about 3" up from the bottom so is almost always "in the goo". It would be better to have it 2-3" from the top.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 08:29 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Even though our trailer came with the black tank flush I rarely use it. I still prefer the Flush King so I can flush theblack and greytanks. I have used the black tank flush a couple of times but did not see it worked any better than our Flush King.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 10:50 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Good info Stan, I have the same rig as yours andhad occasional problemsin a park I go to that has pretty low water pressure, sometimes as low as 37 lbs. But whenI get it hooked up to higher pressure and have my regulator set at 50 lbs it works fine. So I guess I must be blowing out all the TP at the higher pressure.

Do the hundreds of holes point in all directions? Specifically, are there some on the end of the screen that would shoot water across the tank, toward the outletfrom the toilet??

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 11:37 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

There are at least a few hundred holes around the circumference of the plastic spray tube. It kinda looks like a test tube. There is no hole at the far end. It will spray all around but I doubt it hits the whole tank since it only sticks into the tank about 3". I think it is more or less a Placebo.....makes you think it works but in reality it only fills the tank!!

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:26 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

We had problems with our black tank flush(Santi Flush)when we brought our 30sk home from the dealer so we bought a Flush King until we could get it back to the dealer for repair. Turns out the hose was kinked. We had been using the Flush King exclusively but after flushing it out with the Flush King decided to use the Santi Flush to see if it made a difference.Wewereamazed at what came out after the Flush King ran clear. We will continue to use the flush king in addition to the Santi Flush.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:36 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Ours worked really well, the key is to use it everytime you flush the tank. I tried not using it everytime and I ended up getting it slightly clogged but it was working really well after that. I do agree that it should be more in the center of the tank.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2010, 02:52 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

Thanks Stan, I suspected thespray patternwas less than 100%. I guess I will continue to use a combination of the flush kitand filling the tank to clean it out. I also use a clear sewer hose adapter to monitor when the discharge gets cleared up. That seems to work well.

On my last RV I did not have a flush kit. Just used the fill and flush method and the tank stayed clean and unplugged for the 10 years I owned it. On that rig the tiolet dumped straight into the black water tank. So I could look directly into the tank and see that there was no build up of debris.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote