Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2010, 07:20 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

I've noticed on my 29RK that the remote cables for both the black and grey water tank valves have been a little stiff. I had hoped that after a few months of use they would loosen up a little, but instead, now the valve on the black water tank will not completely close.

The handle on the cable stops about 1/2" short, just enough to allow the contents of the tank to trickle into the discharge line. I'm assuming the cable needs adjusting at the valve or there is something inside the valve i.e. tissue preventing the valve from fully closing.

I really am not crazy about having to remove the plastic undercover to get to the valve for repair but may have to.

Has anyone else ran into this issue? Trailer is still under warranty but rather handle it myself if possible.

pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 07:30 AM   #2
Weekend Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to papabear
I had that same problem on my rig also. Didn't realize it until I went to dump. Big mess. <?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" />

I took mine back to the dealer and they put in an access plate at where the tank valve is. They had to clean out the grove where the slide moves so it would completely close. Also did a minor adjustment on the handle so it would close completely. Now no more problems.

2012 Cruiser Patriot Edition 335SS

2014 F250 4X4 Super Duty Diesel

https://i639.photobucket.com/albums/u...s/IMG_1120.jpg
papabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 09:53 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I had the same problem, had the dealer adjusted both cables and now they work great. I guess the greased the cables and adjusted the gates. Problem solved. _popupControl();

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I have where mine is stuck open and have not had the chance to get under and pull done the cover to look at the valve. With that said I got external gate valve from CW and it works great I also have a problem when taking off the cap some fluid would come out but NOT ANY MORE

Old 03-05-2010, 11:48 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by papabear
I had that same problem on my rig also. Didn't realize it until I went to dump. Big mess. </span>

I took mine back to the dealer and they put in an access plate at where the tank valve is. They had to clean out the grove where the slide moves so it would completely close. Also did a minor adjustment on the handle so it would close completely. Now no more problems.</span>
What are you calling an "access plate"? How did they fabricate it?

Really don't want to go with the external valve that goes on the bayonet fitting at the end of the sewer because you can't dump grey water without also having black water mixed in.

I've even considered re-plumbing and putting manual valves on both tanks at the area where I can activate them without cables, the way we used to do it before cable controlled valves. It was much simpler that way. I have no idea what advantage the cable controlled valves offer.
pulpwood007 is offline   Reply With Quote