Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2012, 10:37 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

We were using our "FlushKing" to rinse out the black water tank. I was holding the toilet flush lever down and watching for the water to start coming up the neck. I released the flush lever and went to the door to get a radio from my wife. When I got back to the toilet (only a few seconds) I pushed the lever back down and water came gushing out of the toilet. Now we have water leaking from something when the tank is partially full. It pours out the fabric underbelly. I can't see where it is leaking because of the enclosed underbelly. Does anyone have a theory as to what happened? Possibly a fitting came loose or the tank ruptured???? Also, shouldn't the tank be ventilated such that pressure should not have built up in it during the few seconds the toilet flush was closed?

Dodge 3500, 2011 CF305SKP
CygnusSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:22 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The tank is vented via a black ABS pipe. You can see the top of it from your roof. I would not think the tank ruptured unless this vent has been blocked by something (or has always been blocked from the factory) You can try putting a garden hose down the pipe and listen for water hitting the tank.

The only way to really know for sure is to pull the membrane partially off and examine the tank. I pulled my front half back and it was not all that hard to do.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2012, 11:25 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

Don't quote me , but I think you have to have the Dump Valve under neath the trailer open when using the black tank flush . It rinses the walls ,but isn't supposed to be used for filling the tank.

It was a rainy few days at Algonquin Prov park...tarps kept us dry.
Wayne --Belle River (Windsor), Ontario
2013 Sunset Trail Reserve 25RB..(just sold it)
2015 White Chev Silverado 2500HD 4x4 (6.0 l gasser)
2003 Mountain Star 890SBRX Truck Camper
harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 07:43 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I use my black tank flush to fill and I have never had a problem, with water leaking. The problem I do have is the tank sensor never get cleaned while using it.

The last trip of this season, filled the tank using the BT flusher, emptied and the re-filled using a garden hose from the toilet top and BT flush, the sensor showed the tank being emptied.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2012, 12:16 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Due to problem of forgeting I had the flush on to fill the tank, I use a cheap mechanical water timer on the flusher. Water pressure will vary fill time but I find 10 minutes to be pretty close and has never overfilled with that. It has saved many a mess!
carl is offline   Reply With Quote