Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2016, 05:41 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Black water Tank flush

Hello.
I own a 2016 Crossroads Cruiser CF351MK. On a recent trip to Florida I attempted to use the black tank flush system but had not luck in doing so.
When I hooked up the hose I just got spewing water from back pressure like the system was blocked or not open. I am sure it something I am doing wrong. Can anyone shed some light on this process for me. Thanks
breams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 05:53 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I would guess the line running to the flush head in the tank is kinked.
Reese DC
hondavalk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 06:28 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondavalk View Post
I would guess the line running to the flush head in the tank is kinked.
So that would mean dropping the belly sheet covering to gain access to line.
Old 07-12-2016, 06:35 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Clog at the nozzle:

Quote:
Originally Posted by breams View Post
Hello.
I own a 2016 Crossroads Cruiser CF351MK. On a recent trip to Florida I attempted to use the black tank flush system but had not luck in doing so.
When I hooked up the hose I just got spewing water from back pressure like the system was blocked or not open. I am sure it something I am doing wrong. Can anyone shed some light on this process for me. Thanks
There is a check valve and a vacuum breaker in the system. We traveled with a few gallons in our tank and the toilet paper slurry clogged the screen of the nozzle. I ended up moving the check valve and vacuum breaker to the basement but I also ended up having to drop the belly liner, remove the clog from the nozzle. (make sure the tank is MT)
Old 07-12-2016, 06:41 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Sounds like it could be a bigger problem than I anticipated. Thanks for help
Old 07-12-2016, 06:58 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamper Dave View Post
There is a check valve and a vacuum breaker in the system. We traveled with a few gallons in our tank and the toilet paper slurry clogged the screen of the nozzle. I ended up moving the check valve and vacuum breaker to the basement but I also ended up having to drop the belly liner, remove the clog from the nozzle. (make sure the tank is MT)

What is the procedure for using the built in black water tank flush? Want to be sure I am doing it correctly before tearing into it.
Old 07-12-2016, 09:31 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Basically you hook up water hose from outside faucet to black tank flush, open black tank valve and then turn on the water to flush.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2016, 09:41 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Papa-T View Post
Basically you hook up water hose from outside faucet to black tank flush, open black tank valve and then turn on the water to flush.

Thanks for reply. About what I thought and way I performed it. Just was hoping I missed a switch or something. Looks like I will be going underneath and removing skin to see what is installed wrong.
Old 07-12-2016, 03:49 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Our flush plugged a couple months ago. I tried various ways to unplug it. Finally snaked a piece of ice maker tubing up the hose to the tank and got it going. I don't think it is turning like it did tho. I've already got an access hole in the coroplast. Need to pull the sprayer and see what's wrong. It'll wait to cooler weather tho.

BTW, I moved the anti siphon valve and check valve to the basement too. I realize it is not as high as it is supposed to be, so I also use a hose end anti backflow connector I got at Lowe's.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 05:46 AM   #10
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2slick View Post
Our flush plugged a couple months ago. I tried various ways to unplug it. Finally snaked a piece of ice maker tubing up the hose to the tank and got it going. I don't think it is turning like it did tho. I've already got an access hole in the coroplast. Need to pull the sprayer and see what's wrong. It'll wait to cooler weather tho.

BTW, I moved the anti siphon valve and check valve to the basement too. I realize it is not as high as it is supposed to be, so I also use a hose end anti backflow connector I got at Lowe's.

Thanks,
I think I will try snaking a small line thru the hose to the tank before anything else.
Old 07-13-2016, 06:47 AM   #11
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by breams View Post
Thanks,
I think I will try snaking a small line thru the hose to the tank before anything else.

Just one thing.....you have to get to the water line on the tank side of your anti siphon valve.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Old 07-14-2016, 01:42 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

remove and inspect the vacuum breaker valve first. a lot of folks have found they are installed backwards not allowing water to flow into the black tank. The vacuum breaker or anti syphon valve as some call it is usually under the bathroom sink and can be installed and removed without taking down the underbelly. look under your sink or in the wall behind your tub or toilet. under the sink you should see a cold and hot water line plus an extra cold going to the vacuum breaker. the breaker will be located up high so look up.

Jason & Wendy
2014 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L PSD
2015 Keystone Montana 3711FL
B&W Patriot 16K Fifth Wheel Hitch
cw3jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 03:32 PM   #13
Seasonal Camper

Our anti siphon valve was enclosed in the closet behind our toilet. I had to cut the front panel out.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
Old 07-15-2016, 08:39 AM   #14
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by cw3jason View Post
remove and inspect the vacuum breaker valve first. a lot of folks have found they are installed backwards not allowing water to flow into the black tank. The vacuum breaker or anti syphon valve as some call it is usually under the bathroom sink and can be installed and removed without taking down the underbelly. look under your sink or in the wall behind your tub or toilet. under the sink you should see a cold and hot water line plus an extra cold going to the vacuum breaker. the breaker will be located up high so look up.

Thanks for the tip. I will check under the bathroom sink. I hope it can be something as simple as a one way valve installed backwards
Old 07-16-2016, 08:34 AM   #15
Seasonal Camper

I may have missed it but my camper has a note that the drain should be open when flushing. I also add a pressure reducer to the end of the hose (different one than used for fresh water) to avoid over pressure.

I ASSUME it works.
2015 ST270BH
https://burgpath.us/photos/index.php?cat=13
Burgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:15 PM   #16
Site Team

I believe that note is to cover thier butt if someone overflows and damages the tank or something else.

I close the valve for a few minutes to fill the tank a little and then release the valve. I do this several times until I see no debris coming out of the hose.

I am not recommending this to anyone. Follow what you believe is true. This is my own personal opinion.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 04:15 PM   #17
Full Time Camper

In my vast expired experience I have forgot the flush was on with the tank closed twice when I got distracted. 1st time I had blue water pouring down off the roof as it backed up into the roof vent. The second time it came back up through the toilet and was leaking down under neath. 2 different trailers and luckily both times where on about the 3rd or 4th rinse
Old 07-16-2016, 10:02 PM   #18
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwalker View Post
when I got distracted:
Never a good thing.

Bob and Better Half

2007 F-250 PSD, SW, CC, LB, 2WD
2006 TF32SS Cross Terrain Toy Hauler (sold)
Reese 16k slider
r2millers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 11:07 PM   #19
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodwalker View Post
. 1st time I had blue water pouring down off the roof as it backed up into the roof vent.
OMG! What's worse? Brown Pyramid or Blue Rain?
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2016, 09:51 AM   #20
Seasonal Camper

Had a friend here that always left his flush hose connected. Neighbors decided to borrow his other hose one evening, but turned the flush hose on, and didn't turn it back off. He came in to a flooded basement and water running out the vent. I actually have a valve at the inlet to my flush.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK