Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-01-2016, 01:18 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Blackwater tank flush

I have a 2008 Cruiser that I am having trouble with. When I dump my tanks, specifically the black tank, after dumping I connect a hose to the flush and let the water run through until clear water runs out. Yesterday I attached the hose to the flush and no water would pass into the black tank. It's as though there is a full blockage before the black tank. Is there a one way valve in that line to the black water tank that is stuck closed? Can anyone tell me what is between the hose connect and where the water sprays into the tank? Would like to know before I open the fabric under the trailer. HELP PLEASE!!
MNSparky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 02:02 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Sparky, I don't believe the 2008's had a check valve - my 2007 does not. At the end of the hose, attached to the tank is a plastic screen fitting that gets clogged with fine paper threads. When this clog dries, it is almost impossible to clear the clog with just the pressure from the hose. The filter/fitting needs to be removed and cleaned by hand.

On my rig, the fitting is towards the curb side of the rig, on the long back side of the tank. I have had to clean mine a couple of times. I access the fitting by pulling down the membrane from the curb side about 2-4 feet along the edge of the RV. I can then reach my arms in to remove the hose and fitting without pulling down the entire membrane. BTW, it wasn't clear in your writeup, but to properly flush the black tank, you need to fill the tank up with the blade valve closed (after you have dumped) and then drain the tank. I do this two to three times when flushing.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:36 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

When I had a clogged flush I bypassed the vacuum break and poured Clorox in the line and let it soak. I then applied air pressure and it cleared.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 06:41 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

All good advice.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote