Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2011, 07:56 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the fuse that controls the lights in the bedroom blowing. This has happened to me since installing the washer and dryer in the bathroom. Could it be related? I have changed the fuse 4 times. Never a problem til the laundry units installed. Any ideas will be most appreciated.
ewp5354 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:55 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by ewp5354

Just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with the fuse that controls the lights in the bedroom blowing. This has happened to me since installing the washer and dryer in the bathroom. Could it be related? I have changed the fuse 4 times. Never a problem til the laundry units installed. Any ideas will be most appreciated.
You haven't specified if the lights are 12V or 120V. The installationof a washer and dryer appears to bethe obvious cause but until more information is provided, we would be just guessing as to what is happening. That being said, I can only assume that the light in question is on a 120 volt circuit and you've plugged the washer and dryer into the same circuit. If the dryer is a 120 volt dryer, it may be drawing too much current and blowing the fuse.

2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 12:57 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

I wonder if they set the machines on a wire and it is shorting sometimes. Or where did they hook it in? tThey may have inadvertantly caused some other wiring to come loose.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2011, 09:37 PM   #4
Weekend Camper

It is the reading lights inside the slide and the overhead light and outside light. I believe these are 12v. The outlets still work so they must be on a different circuit. The washer and dryer are plugged into the outlets inside the laundry closet. If the wiring is loose, how do I track it down? Since the washer is a front loader and does create vibration when spinning, your suggestion on a loose wire is a possibility.

Thanks for the help.
Old 07-28-2011, 12:07 AM   #5
Family Vacation Member

With all the switches off on that circuit, put a 12 VDC test light on the line side (battery) of the 12 VDC fuse holder. Then touch the load side (light circuit)where the fuse holder is& see if it lights up. If it does, you have a short to ground, on that circuit, which it should as you keep blowing fuses. Now try this with the w/d turned on to see if vibration turns it off. This way your searching for the short & not wasting fuses. Could also be a bad bulb or socket from the vibration.
'12 Crossroads Rushmore RF38FL (ours!)
Barry, the ADHD x 2 German Shepherd mix, Granddog.
FFFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2011, 12:21 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Sounds good. I'll test it next weekend when I go back down. Thanks for the advice!