Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-28-2015, 08:08 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

bubble in the roof

I went to get our trailer this morning and noticed as I did my walk around a bubble in the rear corner of the trailer. It's about 6" long and 3" wide. When I got my ladder out it feels like something is pushing up on the roof membrane causing the bubble.

Crossroads was ZERO help as expected. Just repeated that the trailer was out of warranty.

I'm thinking about just leaving it but I'm worried about it tearing the membrane and then I'm in for a new roof. I could fasten it back down and seal it up but when I dump the trailer this winter it would look strange during an inspection.

Damned if I do damned if I don't I guess.

Thoughts?
Old 07-28-2015, 08:59 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I have had a bubble (about same size as yours) since day one. Documented with CR as I was told to let it go - no harm. Mine didn't feel like something pushing up tho. Mine, I believe is lack of adhesive under membrane. So far (8 years) it has not changed.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:11 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Mine had the same thing when i first got mine found it on the walk around felt like something was pushing it up dealer had me bring it back a week later and they fixed it said it was a air bubble, that was year ago and it's still good.
ridgerunner69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 11:30 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

Ok, thanks guys I'll keep an eye on it and if it doesn't get any worse I'll leave it.
It's only got to work until the fall anyway, then it's someone elses problem.
Old 07-30-2015, 12:30 PM   #5
Weekend Camper

I have "bubbles" on both sides of my roof with "something" pushing up on them. I had it inspected and apparently the screws that hold the side caps (part of the sub roofing) underneath the rubber membrane have worked loose. My unit was almost 3 years old when this happened and Crossroads refused to cover it. I opted to leave it as opposed to the cost of a new roof. It hasn't caused any new problems in the 3 years since but it sure left me feeling like I had been let down by Crossroads.

Jasper, AL

2009 30SK

[https://i565.photobucket.com/albums/s...andCruiser.jpg
kjones9820 is offline   Reply With Quote