Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 06-27-2020, 02:34 PM   #1
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: CA
Posts: 12
Can't get coil hose to connect to spray port

I have an outside "spray port" on my new 272bh which I can't for the life of me get the coil hose it came with to actually click into the quick fitting.

The outer ring looks to react the lock just fine, but I can't get the hose to get in and lock (almost as if it were too long of a shaft on the hose)

Am I missing something terribly obvious?
Hitman5532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 03:32 PM   #2
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 29
I hope someone comes up with a proper answer for you, I'm still trying to work that out on my 2020 291RK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman5532 View Post
I have an outside "spray port" on my new 272bh which I can't for the life of me get the coil hose it came with to actually click into the quick fitting.

The outer ring looks to react the lock just fine, but I can't get the hose to get in and lock (almost as if it were too long of a shaft on the hose)

Am I missing something terribly obvious?
DOUGandNIKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 03:43 PM   #3
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: CA
Posts: 12
Figured it out. Took a screwdriver and tapped the port with a hammer in the center of the brass valve. This unstuck it and allowed it to return to proper depth
Hitman5532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:51 PM   #4
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 29
OH...easy enough. I've been told to try turning off all pressurized water...city water / water pump and then it will work.
I haven't gotten out there to try it yet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman5532 View Post
Figured it out. Took a screwdriver and tapped the port with a hammer in the center of the brass valve. This unstuck it and allowed it to return to proper depth
DOUGandNIKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2020, 05:52 PM   #5
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: CA
Posts: 12
Yeah, my water system was totally drained and depressurized as I was sanitizing my freshwater system. It was just the valve being stuck... Really stuck
Hitman5532 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 02:44 PM   #6
New Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2018
Location: TN
Posts: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitman5532 View Post
Yeah, my water system was totally drained and depressurized as I was sanitizing my freshwater system. It was just the valve being stuck... Really stuck
2020 268rl,,same thing,must be some bad valves,I will try the screwdriver hammer trick,,Thanks
Mike W. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:10 PM   #7
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 29
I used a Phillips head screwdriver and really had to lean into it but it did finally pop open. We'll see how it works at at a campsite.
__________________
2020 Sunset Trail 291RK
DOUGandNIKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2020, 03:53 PM   #8
New Camper
 
Join Date: Oct 2019
Location: Ontario
Posts: 4
These fittings see infrequent use and are not well lubricated, so they stick. I've used a copious amount of plumbers water fawcet lube on the male part when dewinterizing and winterizing each season to lube the joining part. It's not like we're drinking from this sprayer. Seems to work.
__________________
2014 Sunset Trail Reserve 26RB
Robert McAuley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:13 AM   #9
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: TX
Posts: 29
I had success with the screwdriver technique but have to do it every time before I connect the hose.
NEVER2LATE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2020, 11:49 AM   #10
Site Team
 
mark5w's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: PA
Posts: 4,970
Quote:
Originally Posted by NEVER2LATE View Post
I had success with the screwdriver technique but have to do it every time before I connect the hose.



Did you try a little bit of silicon spray?
__________________
Mark & Susan
Lehighton, Pennsylvania

'13 Cruiser Patriot 335SS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2020, 06:32 AM   #11
Weekend Camper
 
Join Date: Jun 2020
Location: New York
Posts: 29
Not yet.
__________________
2020 Sunset Trail 291RK
DOUGandNIKI is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Crossroads RV or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 10:40 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×