Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2009, 07:00 AM   #1
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
This is for those that have the Coby Stereo/Surround Sound in the trailer. Do you have your TV hooked up to have surround sound or do you just have it when a DVD is playing?

I hooked my TV up this past weekend to have the surround sound. In order to hear sound theCoby Stereo/Surround Sound unit has tohave the volume turned up all the way. I can control the volume with the TV. I was wondering if everyone's is like this.

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 11:54 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I tried to do that when I first got the 5er but it never worked quite right. So now, I only get full surround when I play a DVD. I did make the center speaker of the surround system come out of the TV. In the 30SK, the center speaker was about 5' to the right of the TV and I hated having voices come from off the side. One of these days, I will get a REAL surround unit!
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2009, 12:05 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GeorgeG
If you connect audio out from the TV to aux 1 on the back of the Coby, it should work. Then turn on the Coby and put it on aux 1and turn the volume all the way up on the Coby, then control the volume from the TV volume. I had mine connected like this before, but I didn't have the volume up on the Coby, and I thought it didn't work.

Nights camped in 2010 = 009
GeorgeG is offline   Reply With Quote