Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-07-2009, 12:14 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

ok, so other than SNS for cleaning the roof. Is there any other maintenance I need to do to it. Condition it with anything?

Flushing kit. so I tried to use the flushing kit on my S/T last weekend. Not sure that is was working. I connected the water, turned it on and could not tell if it was working, I heard no water running through the hose or spraying in the tank. Is there a way to tell that it is working?

Back to the pizza stone. Are you guys placing it on the rack just above the burner or are you placing it on the burner cover below the rack?

Pete

2008 ST29FK

My other vehicle is an aircraft carrier!!!
pscole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:27 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I have used a roof treatment in the past but did not see any good results by using it. Now I do nothing but clean it a couple of times a year.

Our PP has the built in black tank flush but I also have a Flush King I connect to the sewer drain. It is clear so you can tell how clean you are getting the tank when you flush it. You should see your black tank level rise when using the flush. Just keep an eye on the tank level to make sure you don't over fill and have it going out the roof vent. Don't ask how I know this......

We have our unglazed tile on the rack above the burner.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 02:26 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

The factory black tank flush will make a sound as it fills the tank. Especially if you open the toilet flush valve. If you don't hear anything it may be clogged with "Something". Mine did that and it took a few days of filling, driving, filling to clear it.

I use a UV protectant for the roof after I have cleaned it. As Hunter11 mention, I can't really tell if it is working but then I have it soI use it.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 07:52 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

On Sunday I took mine and hooked up the flush kit with a clear elbow fitting. after dumping the tanks I turned on the flush kit. It took a few minutes but a slow trickle of water started flowing out.

Are you supposed to close the tank with the flush kit turned on?

https://2guysdev.com/mark/allthetoys.jpg

maskins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 08:47 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Yes close the valve for the black tank when flushing it. Once it gets to about 3/4 tank open the valve and let it drain and repeat until clean. I even flush our grey tanks about every4th trip.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:29 AM   #6
Weekend Camper

Is the flush kit basically just water filling up in the tank or is there something spraying around in there? I don't hear anything either when I use it but when I open the black tank valve, it all comes out so I don't think anything is plugging anything. I just thought I would hear swishing or something when I used it.

Chevy Suburban 1999
crazymama2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:37 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

There are a few jets of water from the tip. They don't rotate or anything but just spray water. What you will hear is the water hitting the opposite sides of the tank. Not the best system but it is all I/we have.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:41 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

i don't have a in tank flush kit, but i do have a clear elbow with a hose fitting that attaches to my waste gate. i would reccommend getting a clear elbow so that after you use your in tank flush you'll be able to see if your tank is clean. i installed a cesspool on the side of my house so i can take my time and my wife stays in the trailer to keep a eye on the water level.

2000 ford f350 v10-2008 ford oem rims & tires

https://i647.photobucket.com/albums/u...cture451-1.gif

spinella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 10:31 AM   #9
Family Vacation Member

My flush kit stopped flushing at about 8 months. When I took the Criuser in for it's first annual inspection I had that on my warranty fix list. When I picked it up they told me it was working fine. I said show me and they did. It was working and I can hear it when it is working. I hear the flow thru the hose from the outside and the spraying from the toilet opening inside. I took it home and tried it again and it worked fine for another 8 months until I got back to our winter park and it qiut working again. Turns out the water pressure at that park is only about 40 -45 lbs and that would not lift the check valve to allow water into the sprayer. Don't know if they all lift this hard but that was my problem.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:19 PM   #10
Full Time Camper

re: pizza stone.....place it on the burner plate, below the rack.

Remember....PUT IT IN THE BOX IT CAME IN WHEN TRAVELING.

this will reduce breakage.Edited by: seabee
seabee is offline   Reply With Quote