Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-14-2012, 08:47 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

I have seen many issues posted on here as to the quality of work done by CR and the reputatin of their factory reps. Last month I dropped my CT28RKX off at the factory to have a new aluminum skirt put on where I had dented the old one. There were a few other small warranty issues inside to be fixed also. The week of the rally I picked up my unit and all was fixed and well, or so I thought. Upon coming home I took my unit out to storage and when I went to use my quick-connect to unhook my battery, I noticed it looking at me. My battery was sitting there, no case, no top, no strap holding it down. Just my battery. I emailed Andi Miles and told her that nothing else other than picking it up from the factory had happened in between and I could not for the life of me figure out why they would have removed it. Andi checked with Randy and the could not recollect why anyone would have done such a thing. However, and this is the important part, Andi wrote back to me and said, "since the unit was in our care; please purchase a battery box and send me the

receipt. I will reimburse you."

If that is not good service, and upholding their reputation...I don't know what is. Bravo CR!

Thanks for listening,
Jim

Edited by: tator447

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 10:05 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I have been dealing with a bedroom slide issue at a local camping world and Mark Quinn has been in contact with me to help me resolve the problem. They do seem to want to maintain a good reputation with those that purchase a CrossRoads product.

2012 Cruiser Patriot CF335SS.

2011 Silverado 3500HD LTZ CCLB Duramax SRW 4X4

https://i1193.photobucket.com/albums/...ailerKeuka.jpg
NorskeNY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:49 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

With hearing all the negative posts lately, it is good to hear the positive ones. A large part of my purchasing my Zinger was due to the good customer service stories on these boards. Thank you for sharing.

2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 SRW Duramax
2011 Zinger ZT26BL-sold
2014 Sabre 34REQS

***Member of the Mason-Dixon Group***
anaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 12:22 PM   #4
Full Time Camper

We have a bubble in the roof of our 09 Cruiser and I called Crossroads and spoke to Mark Quinn. Not expecting them to fix it for free with it being an 09 he said to drop it off at the factory and they would do whatever it takes to fix it free of charge. I was shocked they would fix this for free. This kind of customer service is what makes a customer for life in my book. Things will go wrong with anything no matter what brand of camper you have, the important thing is how the company takes care of you when you have those problems.

Chris & Karen- Heyworth, Illinois
2009 CF32BL pulled by a 2011 RAM 2500 CTD 4x4
PullRite Superglide 18K hitch
2015stats:
Nights: 28
Miles: 3245
longhauler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 11:55 PM   #5
Site Team

These are all good reports, and I'm glad to see you have been taken care of.
But, lets not forget about the others out there that seem to be fighting tooth and nail trying to get some satisfaction on warranty issues. Either from their dealer or CR.
Lets hope these aren't isolated or selective instances of warranty being doled out.
I sure hope not. CR has always had a stellar reputation for taking care of their customers. I hope the new management continues along those lines.

Plus I hope they can address and take care of these quality issues that have been popping up so frequently lately.

Edited by: Old Farmer
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:59 AM   #6
Full Time Camper

Send a message via MSN to tator447

Lloyd,
I am not going to say the following directed at anyone...just a general observation. In some cases it seems that there is a great deal of anxiety, or a lack of patience if you will. I know the camping season is short for some of us, and we want our units when we need them. But, I also see instances where the dealers are less than credible. Those are the first people we turn to in most cases. If they ignore us or give us the runaround, we blame CR's, and that is wrong. I also see in some instances where the greatest complaint is that once the repairs have been agreed to, that the dealer must wait for the parts from CR's. This it appears is not something that happens in one day. I realize by taking my unit to CR's that they had all the necessary parts readily available and it was "easier" than having it done at my dealer's. But, I also read on here of the person with the defective motor in their awning and another dealer just "took one out" of a new unit and repaired theirs immediately. That in my eyes was going above and beyond. It doesn't always happen that way unfortunately.

Now, to end my saga, I went online to find a battery box and found I can get one locally at Fleet Farm, for around $10. Needless to say I will not send the invoice to Andi, but I do appreciate the offer from her.

Enjoy the rest of the season, I hope to meet you down the road sometime next season.

Jim

Jim & Linda Tator
Watertown, WI
2013 Crusier CF34SS GMC 3500 8.1L Dually
154 nights in 2013 - 4,370 miles
178 nights in 2014 - 5,082 miles
365 nights in 2015 - 6,040 miles
tator447 is offline   Reply With Quote