Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2017, 09:08 PM   #1
New Camper

Cruiser aire 29bh fifthwheel

Hi everyone
I'm new on this forum. I'm planning to buy a new fifthwheel and i'm interested by the 2017 Cruiser Aire 29bh. Does anyone has a comment or experiences (good or bad) on the cruiser aire fifthwheels?

What are the components which you had some problems with?
Thanks for you'r answers!
mam1915 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 09:13 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

I don't have the exact model but have taken 4 multi-months trips since I bought it in 2015. I had the stove vent flap break off because I forgot to latch it while traveling. That's it for problems. There are occasional lemon units but you can avoid most problems with a knowledgeable and thorough inspection. You have to thoroughly test each and every piece of equipment (and know how it should work, what noises it should make, etc.) My unit had a grinding noise when the slide went out as an example. They wanted my check so they overhauled it overnight along with a few other items I found. Bottom line: Don't pay them until you are prepared to drive it off the lot and start a 10,000 mile trip. Don't trust them to do anything after you pay them and don't let them rush you on the inspection. Your part of the deal is to know what to look for. If you are an experienced RVer you're probably set, otherwise, google is your friend. There are endless checklists and other resources. Be really thorough checking if anything leaks, including the roof, end caps, etc.

Bonus tip: Once you've made your best deal, see what else you can get them to throw in for free. They are generally willing to do this to close the deal since something they would charge you $500.00 for actually costs them a fraction of that, so you both win in a sense.

You picked a nice size unit. It will get you into state parks and campgrounds that a bigger one won't. I downsized from a larger unit so I miss the luxury and additional room but my truck and I both love losing 7 feet of length and 4,000 lbs. If you came from something smaller, you will be thrilled with it. It's all relative and there are always tradeoffs.

Bargain hard, inspect well, and then hit the road!
Old 07-28-2017, 05:58 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I agree, take your time. Make them hook up to water and test all the faucets and don't forget the outside. Have them fire the stove, oven, fridge, furnace and water heater on gas. My outside vent also just fell off but I got it replaced under warranty just before it ran out. Check your door at the bottom; mine was warped (sticking out at the bottom corner) allowing water in if you sprayed with a hose and I'm still waiting to have it replaced. Check your awning; don't just let it out a few feet, put it out all the way. My unit is smaller (CAS25SE16) but they had installed the wrong awning from the factory and mine which came out over the kitchen slide was pressing down on the slide and also was missing the pivot arms. That was replaced under warranty. I would ask to have the roof seams to be re-caulked because they never add enough roof sealant on the seams. Check the awning lights because they are famous for going out. I've been through two sets and waiting for the other to be repaired now. I would have them to install a water heater drain plug that you can drain by turning the valve without having to remove the plug. Oh and check the air conditioner and all the outlets and smoke detectors. Check for leaks on all the drains under the sinks. That's a good start but also download the checklist from this site. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2017, 09:49 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I should also have mentioned, stress the mechanical things you test a bit, just not to the point of damage. Turn everything on and off several times, not just once. Run slides and awnings etc. in and out several times and see if there is any change of sound or smoothness. Anything less than optimal at inspection will eventually get worse and fail. Even under warranty you will have a lot of aggravation trying to get it fixed once they have your money. I'm not saying you can't get it fixed (some dealers are better than others) but they will probably not be as quick or as thorough as when you are holding the check over their heads. My, that sounds really cynical, but it's been my experience. "Trust but verify."