Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-15-2009, 11:52 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Need help. Have left my '07 Cruiser parked for about 2yrs. Outside is pretty dirty; decals are crack. Have just had the roof re-sealed but need advise on best way to clean (wax?) outside to include awning. Saw on another post that powder Spic-n-Span seems to work well, but what about some kind of protective coat after trailer is clean? Use car wax?

Loudon, TN

'06 Ford F-250

'07 CF30SK

irvingd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:21 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

You will gets lots of advice on this. Do a search as this was discussed recently. I like SNS to do the initial cleaning of the roof and then I apply a rubber roof cleaner and UV protectant. There are several on the market specifically for rubber roofs. As for the fiberglass sides, I got a good cleaner/wax for marine use (it says safe for fiberglass) and use that once or twice a year after I washed the rig. there are lots of cleaners for the awning. make sure the label says safe for awnings. It takes me a full day to wash and wax (and then a day to recuperate!) Have fun.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:09 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

I forget where I picked this up I think it was good sam or rv net but it matches a lot of the other post I have read on cleaning your awning.

The "Awning Tips & Tricks" brochure that came with my unit suggests

a mixture of 1/4 cup of dish soap, 1/4 cup of bleach and 5 gallons of

water. It suggests soaping the open awning with the mixture, then roll

it up for 5 minutes while you clean the bottom up next to the trailer.

Then unroll and rinse.

We use Meguires marine and rv wax.Our 5er sat on the lot for quite a while so we used Meguires high gloss polish before waxing as it is supposed to restore oils into the gel coat finish.I dont know if its necessary or not but it sure looked pretty when we were done.Meguires also makes an oxidation remover if it looks that bad.Spic and Span works well for us in cleaning.be sure to clean your slide seals too cause they are probably a mess.WD 40 will cut the gooey stuff,next time We are going to try greased lightning after the wd to see if it will get them any better.they take a lot of scrubbing it took a long time just on seals and We are still not happy with the results.
ps. wear lots of sunscreen you are gonna be out there a while

2019 Volante 240RL
mapachoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 04:26 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Rubber roof cleaner ( I use brand name BEST) works really good on rubber seals. A lot less work than other methods I have tried

bawjw is offline   Reply With Quote