Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-10-2009, 01:13 PM   #1
Ron
New Camper

I have been looking to buy a cruiser ck29 and have found a 2006 for sale but have a few questions.In looking at the under belly I found the rear section seems to have a slight sag in it. Has anyone seen this in their unit or know if it could be a problem? Also has anyone towed this with a dodge 2500 with a 3.92?

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 01:30 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
What exactly is sagging? The under belly, frame, floor?

If it's just the underbelly that's not a big deal, just be sure the fresh water tank is braced correctly as this was a problem with some Cruiser's in the past.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:50 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

we have a 2009 29ck that we are pulling with a2000 Silverado 2500 (notHD), 6 L 300 hp.
So far so good. The truck does work a little too hard on major hills. Averages 10mpg when pulling. We are heading to AZ this winter. After this trip we will know for sure if we need / should make some mods to the engine or just upgrade to a new tow vehicle
trac5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2009, 01:10 PM   #4
New Camper

I have been pulling a 2007 29ck for 3 yrs with a 2000 chev ext cab 6 ltr engine with no problem. It works it hard on a 8% grade but thats what its build for.

a diesel would be nice but they are more than i want to pay for one
oldblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 08:51 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

I have a '04 29RK and my fresh tank was sagging quite a bit back there when I got the trailer used. Months later I finally pulled the cover off to fix it. Pictures with descriptions about 3/4 way down this page: http://picasaweb.google.com/mark9474/MyHomeOnWheels#

Very cheap construction in this area and it was a problem from many earlier Cruiser owners.
mark1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

It depends on what is sagging.The bottom is covered with a material like a trap.Its not a hard material and not susported in some areas.It has a type of caulk where there are pipes comming thru and has metal strips that are screwed around the frame.It is not flat in the center,because of having nothing to fasten to on the frame .

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2009, 11:06 AM   #7
Weekend Camper

The 2006/2007 had problems with. Fresh water tank supports, Gas line kink under kitchen slide, shock mount welds breaking on the frame. shock mount scraping tires, misaligned axles. Fire danger with the fridge. Unfortunately we experienced all of these. On the up side Crossroads took care of all the problems. If that trailer has been on the road it is likely that the problems have been taken care of. Easy to check, look for uneven tire wear check the shock mounts if the trailer has that option. Light the stove with the slide closed. You can feel the fresh water tank supports at the rear of the trailer if they are sagging excessively there may be a problem.
https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...aravan07-2.gif
pegger is offline   Reply With Quote