Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-19-2010, 02:24 AM   #1
Full Time Camper

This past weekend the furnace came on normally after being in the off position and shuts off when temp is reached, but the

next time or few times later when heat is called for the igniter doesn't click thus the furnace fails

to light. Shut the whole system down wait a bit and it fires right back up. Possible causes?

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2010, 02:42 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to mwebber78
Isn't that a symptom of the float sail? I believe there have been posts on RV.net about this. Try posting to the Tech Forum within RV.net, good advice there.
mwebber78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2010, 11:32 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

when the thermostat calls for heat, the fan should kick on first and then you should hear the clicking of the igniter..

There is also a diagnostic LED on the control board in the furnace, that will flash a code, in the event of a fault..

You are resetting the fault code by shutting down the system - try to find out what fault code it is throwing, so we can help you fix the actual problem..

Edited by: Jimehc
Jimehc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 07:42 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I did some research the other day as Mike suggest on RV.net and I'm thinking had too many vents closed, thus not allowing the sail vent to open. I had two of the 4 registrars completely closed. 1 in the bunk area, we had no kids this past weekend, so I didn't worry about heating the bunk area, the other closed just under the thermostat. Opened all the registrars fired up the furnace the other day, let it run for 24hrs, no problems based on the min / max digital thermostat I placed in there.

Either way the unit is at the dealer for what appears to be the ends of the axle collapsing, and they said they would check out the furnace too.

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote