Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-05-2010, 02:58 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

What has anybody found to keep the decals looking good and not fading or peeling. Also what kind of wax has been found to do a good job and hold up? I have a 2010 30SK
outback_06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

The best way to preserve the decals is to keep the rig inside a covered garage. Of course that's not why we buy them is it? The hardest thing on the decals seems to be the sun. I see a lot of rigs staying and stored in Arizona where we stay in the winter. The rigs that get stored all yeardown there in open storage exposed to the sun really have problems with faded decals. A couple of years of that really takes a toll on them. Most of the folks I know that full time it in their rigs and have them exposed to the elements full time have faded or peeling decals after about 5-10 years, depending on how well they maintained and waxed them.

I think any good quality wax that doesn't leave white streaks will work. I have been using "Starbrite premium marine polsih" with teflon that I got at Walmart. It was recommended by a guy that is waxing rigs for a living. Works good and is easy on and off. But now I can't find it locally so I will be looking for a replacement when I run out. I used Protect-all on my former rig and I wasn't too happy with the result. The decals were in pretty bad shape after about 10 years and that was with the rig being stored inside or under a cover for most of those years. The protect-all would actually take some of the color off. Maybe it was the quality of the decals? I'm not sure but I am not using it on our Crusier.

I expect that the gelcoat option that you can now get on the Croosroad products will help preserve the decals IF they put it over the decals. Unfortunately that option became available a couple of months after I got my Cruiser.

2007 CF30SK Cruiser

2006 Dodge 5.9 CTD,48e,4x4,QC

https://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t...CRUISER1-1.jpg
Ridgeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2010, 11:37 AM   #3
Weekend Camper

The Star Brite with Teflon is still being manufactured and sold by Star Brite. The have just changed the name to help confuse all of us consumers. The new version is now called Star Brite Premium Marine Polish with PTEF. PTEF is polytetraflouroethylene, that is the generic version of Teflon. It is on the shelf of most marine stores but I imagine it will be showing up at Walmart soon.

dcutter is offline   Reply With Quote