Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
New Camper

Dometic Refrigerator/Freezer

I have a 2019 Zinger and I have been having a buildup of ice at the front of the freezer compartment. I am convinced that the seal is bad and needs to be replaced. I placed a dollar bill in the door and closed it, I then was able to pull the bill out with little or no resistance. I had a service person come out on
Saturday to look at it, he attempted to slide a dollar bill between the seal and where it seals to the unit. He said it wouldn't slide in and said that the seal was good and therefore any fix would not be covered by my warranty. After he left I tried the same process he did in trying to slide a dollar bill between the seal and the unit and was able to do so without much of an issue. Starting to become frustrated since it appears clear to me but I struggling to prove it with a service person to be able to file a warranty claim to fix the problem. Considering this was the first summer the unit has been used as we took delivery in November.
miwhitetail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 05:49 PM   #2
Site Team

Take a video and send it or show the service company.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote