Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2020, 05:34 PM   #1
New Camper

Electrical

I have a 2012crossroads Rushmore 39ck. No porch light ,scare lights,hitch lights,stair lights also 110 recepticals on passenger side of fifth wheel wond work. I have checked all the fuses in the panel box and also found 1 30amp fuse behind the switch panel in the closet beside the entry door all fuses are good. Help please Frankie D, thanks.
Frankied is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 05:55 PM   #2
Gone Traveling

All lighting is 12 volt so fuses, the coach battery or converter is most likely the issue.
As for the 120 volt receptacles on one side is probably a GFCI near one of the sinks has tripped.
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2020, 06:28 PM   #3
Site Team

If there is a junction box under the slide out, open it up and see if has taken on water, or the the connectors have come loose.
They aren't sealed very well and have been known to be a problem.
Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2020, 10:50 AM   #4
Seasonal Camper

I have had similar issues on our 2012 38CK. I found this happened when the furnace came on. The Norcold would also show low DC voltage on the display panel. I pulled the panel where all the 12 VDC switches are, but never could find a loose connection. I ended up wiring the furnace on a spare 12 VDC fuse. That eliminated the issue. I also ended up junking the Nocold 1200. As far as that outside 120 V receptacle, ours is fed off the GFIC in the bathroom.

2013 Chevy 3500HD
2012 Rushmore 38CK
2slick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2020, 05:42 PM   #5
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankied View Post
I have a 2012crossroads Rushmore 39ck. No porch light ,scare lights,hitch lights,stair lights also 110 recepticals on passenger side of fifth wheel wond work. I have checked all the fuses in the panel box and also found 1 30amp fuse behind the switch panel in the closet beside the entry door all fuses are good. Help please Frankie D, thanks.
Look for Brown metal panel covering your POWER DISTRIBUTION PANEL? Fuses inside are 12vdc, circuit breakers are 120vac. Look around for GFCI receptacles. Possible one tripped affecting other receptacles? Normally 1-kitchen, 1-bath? Sometimes on bottom of wall cabinet over sink, so bend ove and look up? Luck to ya? Re: 12vdc, check for tripped RESET on 12vdc CIRCUIT BREAKER IN THE BATTERY CABLE, (usually within 18" of battery itself) start at battery and following cable (If Red/ Black, Black is NEG); if BLACK/ WHITE, WHITE is NEG? Verify by following NEG cable to chassis ground?
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 03:21 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

I feel your pain. Had almost the same thing 1/2 of the 5th wheel would not work. Took 2 weekends and rewired the whole thing. Ran 8 flex for everything maybe Overkill but got tired of stuff not working
Keithdodge2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2020, 05:11 PM   #7
New Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frankied View Post
David Hyman RV Repair in Boulder City found the problem right away. A bad relay in the main panel going to those fixtures. Everything works now and, besides being knowledgeable, David is reasonable!
Frankied is offline   Reply With Quote