Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2012, 06:11 AM   #1
New Camper

We just bought a 2013 Crusier Aire CTL28LB and we love it except for one problem. When we saw it at the dealer it was missing the plastic fender skirt over the one slide out on the kitchen side. They told us it was ripped off on transport and they replaced it. We took the trailer out for its first trip and on the way back it was ripped off when a bus passed us. My hudband took it back to where we bought it and he said it was not covered under the warrenty but that this has happened with others that also bought this model. I am thinking this is a design flaw and was wondering if anyone else is having this problem. IT is always on the same side on the kitchen slide out.
BarPat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:20 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

I have not read about this issue on this forum. Personally, I would push the dealer to replace it again and add extra screws. If they refuse, contact CR directly and talk to them. At a minimum, maybe CR will ship you a new one and you can put it on yourself. It definitely should not blow off.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 10:29 AM   #3
New Camper

My husband spoke to the dealer and they are going to call CR and see what can be done
Old 11-22-2012, 10:27 AM   #4
New Camper

On our first time out the same thing happened to us! Same side; just blew off. The problem is that the attaching system/methodis not well designed. When I contacted our dealer and told him what happened, he had no issue with ordering a new panel. Once I get it installed by the dealer (with a bunch of other warranty issues) I will improve the attaching system by adding several more straps.
2013 Cruiser Air Lte 28LB
The Social Butterfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:22 AM   #5
New Camper

We went to our dealer and they replaced it under warranty and did something to help kep it secure. We have used it once since and so far it has stayed on.
Old 11-25-2012, 02:51 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via AIM to denlor
As stated maybe CR will send you a new one. We had the same problem with a Keystone model and I drilled out the holes and put short bolts with washers and lock nuts on and the problem was solved. There is not much material for the screws they install to hold on to. Good luck!
denlor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
Full Time Camper

Check that there is a metal brace from the middle of the skirt (between the wheels) back to the frame. This helps reduce the "flapping" of the skirt. They were on both of our cruisers from the factory.
2010 CF30SK Patriot
2007 CF30SK
dalemac377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 09:45 AM   #8
Weekend Camper

I have the same 2013 Crusier Aire and have been on a couple interstate trips (over 200 miles) and haven't had that problem yet.

Dave, Ana & Knox
2008 Silverado 2500LTZ
2013 Cruiser Aire 28CS
Weekend Warriors
davec404 is offline   Reply With Quote