Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2009, 01:08 AM   #21
Seasonal Camper

I got my truck back on Thursday afternoon and we are camping now, the truck ran good the way down, what happens on the way home is anybodies guess...as far as bad head bolts, and all the other problems I find it impossible to believe that Ford didn't know that this motor was junk from the get go, I was told that the new 6.4 is basically the same motor with basically the same problems, I think that all of us as consumers of this truck can hope for is a class action lawsuit to cover the repairs, of course by then Ford will file for bankruptcy and wioe out the suit, I can say that I have never owned a import car but if Toyota ever makes a one ton diesel I will be first in line to buy,

2004 Ford F-350 CC dually 4X4
mbinohio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 04:12 AM   #22
Full Time Camper

I'm well within my warranty, but I just really don't trust it won't leave me stranded. It's complete BS that a vehicle can't run at least 100k without a major failures. Pulling loads that are well withinthe specs outlined byFord. These trucks are represented that they can pull and should be able to run 200-300k without a major failure.

_popupControl();

'07 F250 Diesel Crew Cab 4x4

'08 CF30QB

Reese Signature Slider 18k Hitch
salda01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2009, 05:45 AM   #23
Seasonal Camper

I guess this represents why the US car companies are all broke....

Old 06-28-2009, 11:29 AM   #24
Weekend Camper

Perhaps Ford should take a page from GM and use an Isutzu diesel (Duramax). This seems to have salvaged their small diesel pickup line. Unfortunately this did not prevent the general malaise.
https://i140.photobucket.com/albums/r...aravan07-2.gif
pegger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 12:06 PM   #25
New Camper

I have an 05 350 CC DRW, Replaced items

3 Turbos

Engine out twice (Bed plate leaks)

All injectors

Both wiring harnesses

Turbo hose blew off

Those are the big issues, Ford did step and give me 5yrs and the 200K extended warranty with no deductable , but you have to keep going up the chain , to get any thing done. My truck has been unreliable since day one. Wish Honda had a 350 DRW they would make a fortune. My 2 cents
e-zchuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 12:24 AM   #26
Seasonal Camper

You don't think Honda has issues ? Look around enough and you will find plenty of issues. They all have issues.

It's amazing how people have been brain washed into thinking the domestics are the only ones with issues
gtoguy1967 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 01:44 AM   #27
Family Vacation Member

^^^^^ +1

https://i213.photobucket.com/albums/c...rawberry-1.jpg
rock1424 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 03:33 AM   #28
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
I have an 02 F550 and at 30K had to have the oil cooler replaced, turbo replaced , wiring harness clip modification and cam position sensor. Mine is the 7.3 engine and since I have had the all the well known documented problems taken care of the next 50K have had no real problems other than the bolts on my driver's side shock replaced. I still have the 7.3 clunk that nobody seems to figure out, I figure its the slip joint but I am assured it's okay. I heard just as many complaints from GM and Chrysler products. California has a class action against Ford for the known problems you can find info on that on the internet.
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 11:29 PM   #29
Seasonal Camper

50k on my 2004 Chevy with a duramax and knock on wood I have had it back for three very small issues. Dip stick , Side trim , Glow Plug sensor. Other than that it's been good. I feel for those who have had issues, it has to be upseting to pay that much and have these issues.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:51 AM   #30
Seasonal Camper

the idea of owning a tow vehicle and wondering if your going to make it thru a trip or not is not a very comfortable feeling, my truck is an 04, in pristine condition, not as much as a scratch, always in the garage, but I have decided it has gotten all the cash from me it's going to get, if it has anymore problems I will sell the truck, I am not going to be help hostage by a truck I need to worry about, I have never owned anything other than a Ford in the last 35 yrs but rest assured I will not buy another one, I really like the truck but I don't like the "who knows if were gonna make it" plan....Ford knows these motors are junk and yet they refuse to do anything, so the easy way out is to dump the truck and buy something else.......

Old 08-07-2009, 06:41 AM   #31
Site Team

This has nothing to do with the ford ps but thought it was interesting.
I have a little ford ranger and I set it out by the road with a for sale sign. I guy with an 02 duramax stopped and was looking it over (for his son)
Long story short---he told me he had 240000 mi. on his duramax and the only thing done to it other then normal maintenance was he had to put a fuel regulator on. That is pretty good service.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2009, 08:32 AM   #32
Full Time Camper

I guess the 1,980 miles on my new Duramax does not count?

One reason I bought the new Chevy was because of what I am reading here and other forums concerning the Ford PS diesel. The 2011 F-250s will have the Scorpion engine so maybe it will be better?
artgpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 07:25 AM   #33
Seasonal Camper

I will promis you that there are Ford PS out there that have that many miles on them and the owner has not had any issues. If it's mecanical your going to have issues from time to time. It's the pits when it's something that means a lot to you or you need.

We have never had any thing but domestic autos and other than routine maint we have had very few issues.

Old 08-12-2009, 05:04 AM   #34
Weekend Camper

Here is something new to add to this thread.......51K on my 2005 F250 PSD and found oil spots in my driveway when leaving for work a couple weeks ago.<?: prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-comfficeffice" /><O:P></O:P>

<O:P></O:P>

Long story short....Low-rev One Way Clutch Retaining Ring broke and damaged transmission case.Had to have a new transmission installed at 51k.

In 2005 the tranny was only covered for 3yr/36k.I did NOT buy the extended warranty........never have....t<O:P>his is my first Ford vehicle.</O:P>Edited by: tcamper

Let's go camping!!!

Terry, Eileen and the twins.
2006 CrossRoads Cruiser - CF29BT
2005 Ford PSD Crew Cab SD
Houston, Texas
tcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 05:39 AM   #35
Weekend Camper

I have a friend with a 99 powerstroke auto 350 4x4 dually last time i talked to him he was at 508,000 and the only thing done was an alt. and battries. He has never even changed or added a qt. of tranny fluid. Hard to beleve But that is all highway miles. and he dont tow real heavy either.
diesel dave 99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:21 AM   #36
Seasonal Camper

As far as routine matinance is concerned my truck has everything that Ford required, and all done at the dealer, the dealer that I deal with jumped thru hoops to get Ford to do something and all I got was "sorry", you lose....I have never owned a foreign car, never had a desire to own a Chrysler and I don't really like the GM interior, but when push comes to shove I would never even consider another 6.0 or the newer 6.4 I find it hard to believe that anybody who knows of the Ford problems would even consider one, I very much like my truck, it's a duplicate of Diesel Dave's, but the engine problems and the cost of repairs way outweigh the truck, next year the camper will go and then the truck, then we will start to look for a new truck, probably a duramax, ...it's a shame Ford stuck us all with this piece of crap motor and then to act like there is no problem with this motor.....so the easy way to handle this problem is to dump it and move one...and yes, if Toyota or Honda comes out with a one ton diesel I will be the first to buy one...........

Old 08-12-2009, 10:20 AM   #37
Weekend Camper

well I like the way my 6.0 tows with the torque shift tranny. But the 6.0 is a finincky engine. I dont see the high cost of the repairs caus i do my owne. But I must say if i didnt do my owne repairs I would most likely still have the dodge and had the trany built up. I realy bought my 04 dodge so i cauld lern how to work on the Cummins. The bad thing was i never had to touch it. But the cab was to small and the 48 RE tranny was junk I could not stand it. I think my truck of choicewould be a F-350 Dually with a cummins and a torque shift tranny or a 6 speed. i just cant get it LOL
Old 08-12-2009, 11:47 AM   #38
Full Time Camper

But you might be able to build it!

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2009, 09:36 PM   #39
Weekend Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisnan23
But you might be able to build it!
I can, I looked into it and to buy a 5.9 and all the adapters I would have 10K in it. I may just do that swap some day.But it wont be any time soon LOL