Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2010, 08:38 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Hi all! The one thing I forgot to do anything about this winter was the outside shower. On the first trip of the year (last weekend), I found out that the plastic "T" between the hot and cold knobs was cracked- making the shower useless. Has this happened to anyone, and is there a quick (easy) fix- short of buying the new one. I will fix it for real before the summer, but I was hoping to be able to use it (as early as this weekend). Thanks for listening, and I hope this brings back a few memories!

Jim

(and the kids- Christopher and Jenna)

2008 ST31QB

2000 Ford F-250 Super Duty (7.3 Diesel)

https://i249.photobucket.com/albums/g...y/DSC_0633.jpg
JimandCindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:33 AM   #2
Seasonal Camper

Get some caps and cap off the lines going to the shower.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 09:52 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I doubt you will be able to find the Tee and fix it. Those faucets are too cheap to sell parts for other than maybe the stems. I would try and find a replacement.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2010, 10:33 AM   #4
Weekend Camper

Thanks for the advice Stan..I guess I will start looking for a replacement. Do you know if I just pull out the entire insert to get to all of the guts? Oak Harbor, huh? We are just across the sound in Port Ludlow. Small world!

2008 ST31QB

Old 02-11-2010, 12:22 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

I believe you disconnect the water lines and remove the two nuts from inside the rig. Once the nuts are off, the whole faucet will come out from outside the rig.
Old 02-11-2010, 01:09 PM   #6
Weekend Camper

That would mean "tearing" into the plastic on the underside of the TT. I'll caveat this by saying that I have never done it (and don't really know what I'm talking about) but, I was thinking I'd have to unscrew and just remove the whole shower enclosure and then re-caulk it after re-installing. I don't see any other way to get to the back of the "unit". I will take a good look at it in the morning before doing anything drastic. Thanks!

2008 ST31QB

Old 02-11-2010, 08:33 PM   #7
Family Vacation Member

I forgot to winterize mine one year and had to replace the whole thing. That same "T" bursted on mine also. I have never forgot it again. Lesson learned.

This is not the only lesson I have learned with my 5er that has cost me money, but I guess as long as I learned something "it's worth it". Sounds lame, but it does work.

Duncan & Chelsea (Scotty Dogs)

Williamsburg, VA

2009 Dodge 3500 DRW QC 6.7L

2007 PP PF36SK (Rolling Fun II)
Virginia RVers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:58 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Jim and Cindy, I didn't realized your outside shower was that hard to get to. Mine is on an outside wall with an accessarea inside the rig. You might be able to remove the whole plastic enclosure and access the water lines that way. Hopefully the water lines have some slack in them so you can pull the housing out far enough to get to the two nuts that must be removed to remove the faucet.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:48 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Not sure how your floorplan is but if your outside shower is on the same side of the trailer as your bathroom, look under the bathroom sink. My Paradise Point has the outside shower on the same wall as the bathroom sink. I can get behind the outside from under the sink.
https://i95.photobucket.com/albums/l1...04/TheRig3.jpg
scott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:03 AM   #10
Full Time Camper

There should be a panel screwed onto the wall that allows access to the back of the shower.

Chrisnan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:02 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

My outside shower is the same as scotts,I access the lines from under the bathroom sink. They usually just Tee them off a set of lines going to something like bathroom sink or shower or kitchen.

2009 Cruiser 29RK
FB1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:06 PM   #12
Full Time Camper

I pull out the two bottom drawers in the wardrobe located in the end of the bed to access my low point drains and outside shower. Like others have said, look for something inside to remove to get to the shower....

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #13
Weekend Camper

I had to replace my outside shower fixture last year, same thing happened. I found a replacement faucet at my local RV dealership.On my Cruiser 26 the only access was from the outside,I cut the caulk around the entire outside of the enclosure hatch, unscrew the several screws holding it. Once it is free to pull out there should be enough room to easily unscrew the two water lines behind the faucet. Replace the entire faucet, keep the shower hose and head to attach to the new faucet. Take a putty knife and scrape the old caulk off, replace the hatch, screws, and re-caulk using RV sealant, I used the Geocel ProFlexRV which is the same or similar to the OEM caulk used by RV industry. Should be able to get it at CW or any RV parts dept. You will need to have some Mineral Spirits for smoothing and cleaning up the caulk once you have applied it.

I had mine replaced in about 30 minutes.

2006 Cruiser CF25RS

15K Reese Slider

https://thumb18.webshots.net/t/75/175...8ymYwCx_th.jpg
ret2006 is offline   Reply With Quote