Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2010, 03:37 AM   #1
New Camper

Took the cap off of the drain tube for the fresh water tank on my 06 CF29RE Cruiser 5er, and nothing came out. I know there are a few gallons of water left in the tank, and I poured 3/4 of a gallon of anti-freeze in also, and nothing drained out. Am I missing a step somewhere? Is there a valve on that drain I have overlooked? I have owned this rig since new, but haven't winterized it before, as it was stored in a mine.
ChipnNia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 03:51 AM   #2
Site Team

The drain doesn't come out on the bottom. It's in the sidewall of the tank. You can never totally get your tank empty. There is enough room for expansion so it shouldn't hurt anything.
I hate to tell you this, but it was a mistake to pour antifreeze in the tank. I don't know how you will ever get it all out short of dropping the tank so you can roll it around to flush it.

Lloyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2010, 04:22 AM   #3
New Camper

Thanks Old Farmer. I'm not too worried about getting the anti-freeze out. I can flush and drain it an unlimited amout of times next spring when the water is turned on again. I just wanted it as empty as possible to avoid cracking the tank.
ChipnNia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 01:16 AM   #4
Family Vacation Member

I have a similar concern. First I was hoping that someone here could tell me on what side of the tank the drain was on so I could use the jacks to tilt the 5er and get more water out. My concern was the line from the tank to the pump. My guess is that I need to use the pump until only air comes out of that section. After that, pump the antifreeze in.

Northern California

2004 CF25RS

2004 F250 SD PSD

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Truck5th2.jpg

Korbe & Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 03:45 AM   #5
Seasonal Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Korbe & Diana
My guess is that I need to use the pump until only air comes out of that section. After that, pump the antifreeze in.

You have it right.

Viet Nam Vet 70-71 Da Nang

Real airplanes have two wings and big, round, engines
BipeFlier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 04:04 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Does anyone know why they do not have the drain line on the bottom of the tank? I am thinking about adding a port on the bottom of the tank andwant to know if this would cause a problem.
rcflyer is offline   Reply With Quote