Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2010, 01:24 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

My fridge recently stopped working on LP completely. Before it stopped, I had a tough time lighting it...I would often have to light it manually, but now it does not even try to light. A few people I spoke to seem to be convincedthatit is the motherboard.It is still under warranty, and I will likely schedule to bring it in after our Memorial Day trip but was wondering if there is anything I am over looking? Would be nice if it was functional on LP for our trip.

Any thougts?

Bill

2003 F250 PSD

Central Jersey
JerseyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:08 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Since it works on Elec pwr, I would also think it is the board or other elec device. Check your wiring connections, fuses, and voltages at the fridge.

Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 02:37 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to csham
If I remember correctly, the fridge will not operate on LP without 12 volt also. I seem to think that ours would not work when we were dry camping and the battery got too weak. If you are on shore power, check the fuses and wiring connections as Stan has said. Your converter should provide any needed 12 volt to the fridge and lighting.

Samantha (8/97), Tara (6/03), Erica (1/07)

2008 Dodge Ram 1500

2007 Sunset Trail ST30BH

https://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x...H-campsite.jpg
csham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 12:00 PM   #4
jeb
Family Vacation Member

The fridge MUST have 12V to run. If you don't have it, it won't light.

jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:48 AM   #5
Weekend Camper

Thx for the help...I definately have a battery issue, but since the lights still worked on DC, I assumed it was enough to 'try' to light the fridge. Not really the case though, I charged the battery and can now hear the fridge trying to light...good sign but still not firing up, I ran out of propane last trip and wound up air-bound...(took about 2 minutesto get the stove to light again) so I guess I will just keep trying...unless there is a trick I don't know about how to 'bleed' that line to ensure I have LP at the fridge burner?

Seperate question regarding batteries...what group/size are you all using? Mine is a small marine 'starting' battery that came with the rig a few years ago (as if cold cranking amps are relevant in a trailer)! I wanted to upgrade to a good deep cell battery and want to go bigger...group/size 31?

2003 F250 PSD

Central Jersey
JerseyBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 03:30 AM   #6
Seasonal Camper

Based on things I've read on different forums and here I had the dealer install two Interstate golf cart batteries on my new 30SK. They are U2200, 6 Volt, 232 Amp Hour and weigh 62 pounds each. I haven't had much of a chance to use them yet but I think they will be a good thing. I've read that they provide power longer and overall last longer.

https://www.runnerduck.com/images/dev...andtrailer.jpg

KennyB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 05:16 AM   #7
Family Vacation Member

With batteries, I use two 6-volt batteries called Trojan T105. Web Site Click Here

Northern California

2004 CF25RS

2004 F250 SD PSD

https://i632.photobucket.com/albums/u.../Truck5th2.jpg

Korbe & Diana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2010, 01:46 PM   #8
Seasonal Camper

I Just switched over to two 6V golf carts that I got at Costco. I recall them being around 230 amp hours. after I installed them I did not plug the trailer into the 110 for a couple of weeks. During that time I ran the slides in and out several times doing some inside work, washing the outside, etc. On Sunday I checked the battery gauge and it stilled showed 2/3rds charge. I plugged it in to recharge for the first time to get ready for our trip this weekend.. So far I am happy with the results. Our previous battery was a single Trojan 12V group 27 deep cycle. It never would have gone this long even when it was new. Thetwo 6V GC batteries from Costco were about $75.00 each plus $9.00 core.

2005 CF29RE 04 Ford F250 crew 6.0 P/stroke FX-4.

(pic coming soon!)
shoetravel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 04:43 PM   #9
jeb
Family Vacation Member

Here are a couple of links to some great 12V information...

http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/12volt.htm

http://www.marxrv.com/12volt/12volta.htm

jeb is offline   Reply With Quote