Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2018, 07:09 PM   #1
Weekend Camper

Question Furnace Fan not turning off

Hi everyone,

We just got back home from camping in our Crossroads Z-1 225-RB for the past 5 nights. During our camping we did not have the furnace on what so ever. However, when we returned home I notice a noise like a fan running when I got out of the truck and soon discovered that cool air was coming out of the furnace exhaust. I went in the trailer it was obvious that the furnace fan was on and the intake (under the fridge) was sucking air in and cool air was coming out through the duct work. The thermostat was turned off and the AC\heat switch was in the off position. I disconnected the power to the trailer and disconnected the battery and when I reconnected the power again, the fan came back on as before. I turned off\on all the breakers and still same. While we were camping, for the 6 days, this did not occur, only when we got home.

I would appreciate any help anyone can provide me. I'm leaving things as is over night to see if it shuts off by the morning.
Thanks.
Tappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:10 PM   #2
Weekend Camper

Smile

Update:

I decided to do some google searches for the issue and one of the suggestions I found was to go and turn on the furnace and let the heat build up until the thermostat cuts out the furnace (I guess let it run through a cycle). I did it and it worked, not sure why but the blower turned off. Thought I would post this in case someone had a similar issue. I guess the simplest fix is most times the right one.
Tappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 08:12 PM   #3
Full Time Camper

On the thermostat is the fan switch set to auto? If not the fan runs continuously, in auto it runs only when the ac or heat is on.
2009 F-150XLT
Russb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2018, 06:40 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

Glad you got it off. Thanks for the update.

*I have tried to live my life so that my family would love me and my friends would respect me. The others can do whatever the Hell they please!” —John Wayne
Papa-T is offline   Reply With Quote