Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #1
Weekend Camper

Send a message via AIM to shetmetal

We celebrated 5yrs with our CC with a tire blowing out on the way toknoebels. It did some body damage ,but nothing that can't be straightened out. Me being the paranoid I am found the closest Walmart and took whatever trailer tire they had just so we wouldn't go without a spare. Good decision the spare failed us at exactly the same spot coming home as going luckily the family traveling with us saw it before it blew. The spare apparently had a leaky valve stem! So now we decided we need new tires. Trying to get good info on a brand is hard so therefore I am turning to those on this board. Please tell me what tires your riding on?????

Oley, PA

Cruiser Travel Trailer 30RL
shetmetal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 11:46 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

The load range D and E Maxxis tires seem to have a good reputation on most of the RV forums. We have BFG Commercials on our PP but I don't know if they have them in 15" assuming that is what your Cruiser is riding on.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:08 PM   #3
Seasonal Camper

My choice would probably be 16" Mich XPS Ribs but the setup would run 2000 for tires and rims.............on a Teacher's salary..........NOT. So the E rated Maxxis are sittin in the garage waiting to be mounted. 484.00 delivered from Discount tire. I haven't figured out how I'm goingto jack the trailer yet. I did a lot of hemin and a hawin and settled on the Maxxis. The big heavy expensive 5ers run LT's so they must be OK. Make sure your rims will handle 80psi, balance, and use metal stems. Maintain proper inflation also.You'll see a ton of posts on tires-I've read most of them over the last year. I have not seen a negative on the Maxxis-I'll be running through the Smokies in the July heat and I feel confidant. About 2400 miles-I'll end at the Factory rally
Tom&Denice, Carmel,Betsy, Brighton&Daisy(Rescued Cockers)YukonXL 2500 8.1 4:10 CT31GR https://i276.photobucket.com/albums/k...ofP1010009.jpg
ClassicHammond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 02:41 PM   #4
jeb
Family Vacation Member

16" Mich XPS Ribs

Got rid of the Missions after the second one blew.

jeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

Upgraded to "E" range Carlisle tires this past weekend, I have a big tow coming up in just over a week and will report back on how they do... I went to discount tire and the staff were great and even matched prices from a Farm and Fleet across town.. All together with mount, balance, road hazard, lifetime repairs, the price was just under $550.00

2015 Rushmore Springfield
Disc Brake upgrade, Goodyear G614 tire upgrade
RV FLEX-ARMOR roof, Mor-Ryde IS suspension

2017 F350 Dually 4x4 6.7 Bronze Fire
gossamar is offline   Reply With Quote