Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-24-2016, 10:10 PM   #1
New Camper

Grey water tank issues

We have a zinger 33bh and it has dual grey tanks, but it will only fill one tank, the other never gets full. The water just backs up into the shower once the first tank is full. Is there a switch or something?
Tjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:46 PM   #2
Full Time Camper

No, it looks to me like your shower, sink, and front sinks all go into one gray tank. The outdoor kitchen goes to another. There is no cross-connection, in yours or any other TT's. So, when your front tank gets full, (usually from showering), then that is it. There are some expensive solutions for moving gray water into a black water flush, but that's beyond this conversation. Your front tank gets full first.
Dalzell SC
MartyinSC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 10:48 PM   #3
New Camper

Whats the second tank for? Nothing drains into that one?
Tjohnson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 11:00 PM   #4
Site Team

Did you run water into your outside sink? Does it drain on the ground or go into the gray water tank?
There is a way to let 1 tank flow into another tank. On the outside sewer drain add a twist on waste valve. Close it, and open the valve to both tanks.

Twist-on Waste Valve - Quick Fix for Leaky Valve - PPL Motor Homes
Attached Images
File Type: jpg twist-on-dump-valve.jpg (33.2 KB, 134 views)

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 06:56 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark5w View Post
Did you run water into your outside sink? Does it drain on the ground or go into the gray water tank?
There is a way to let 1 tank flow into another tank. On the outside sewer drain add a twist on waste valve. Close it, and open the valve to both tanks.
The twist on valve only works if both gray tanks empty thru a single 3" dump outlet. Some units like my previous Cruiser had two 3" outlets with no common point between the 2 gray tanks and that required more tricks to fully utilize both.
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2016, 10:42 AM   #6
Site Team

Thanks Dayle for your input. Forgot that some have two sewer outlets.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 11:36 AM   #7
New Camper

Confusing

I'm having the same problem. I have a zinger 28BH which only ever fills up 1 grey tank. I do not have an outside kitchen. The specs say I'm supposed to have 88 gallons between 2 tanks. I even have a button sensor just inside the door for 2 grey tanks, but no way to fill the second tank. Is there a way to switch to the second tank after the first is full? Or maybe conjoin the two so the second one would actually get water in it?
Bud_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 12:21 PM   #8
Site Team

Not knowing the year of your camper i can only make a few guess's - Do you have more than 1 outlet where you connect the dump hose? Is the kitchen toward the front and the bath in the rear? How many dump valves do you have?

It helps us to help you to have the make model and year of your camper. Sometimes they change things between years.
dagst1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2021, 04:18 PM   #9
Seasonal Camper

Mine also has 2 gray tanks, one is labeled galley, and only the interior kitchen sink drains into it. i've got a seperate 3" drain at the rear for it.
Old 09-23-2021, 09:35 AM   #10
New Camper

Thank you for replying so quickly. I have a 2018 crossroads zinger 28bh. The kitchen is in the middle of the camper to the left of the main entrance. The bathroom is in the rear on the left with another door to the outside. I only have 1 drain outlet on the opposite side from the kitchen and bathroom. The outlet has 1 handle for grey tank and 1 handle for black tank. Hope this helps.
Bud_box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2021, 05:01 PM   #11
Family Vacation Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tjohnson View Post
Whats the second tank for? Nothing drains into that one?
"The outdoor kitchen goes to another."
TerryH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2021, 08:08 PM   #12
Seasonal Camper

TJohnson and Bud Box,
This is just a shot in the dark, but it may be a solution. I had a friend that bought a camper (not a zinger). He was told he had two tanks, but never found the the 2nd one until several weeks after owning his camper, his kitchen sink backed up, and dumping the rear grey tank didn't help.
He finally found a totally separate drain valve and outlet, away from the other two, like in front of the wheels. He never knew it was there. It was only for the kitchen sink.
Perhaps???
Wingerdinger is offline   Reply With Quote