Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2011, 07:19 AM   #1
New Camper

I am having a problem with the flow of heat in our unit . The majority of heat flows through the bedroom vents when the furnace is operating . I have replaced the floor registers with house style which can be closed manually . The problem persists . Is there an air flow baffle somewhere in the furnace plenum that cn be readjusted?

Rooney
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 07:48 AM   #2
Full Time Camper

Not positive where your furnace is located but it may be a blockage of flow to the living area causing the flow to the bedroom to be high. I don't know of a baffle anywhere. I would start with the furnace and make sure each duct is connected and the round duct plate on the furnace has been removed where the ducts connect. Also check for duct restrictions for those ducts you can see or feel. Do you feel warm airflow from all the registers?
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 09:28 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

I guess you were just testing out the furnace on your Hampton eh.It's been pretty damn hot lately to need it. Might want to check out the A/C ducting instead.

That said, you'll need to get access to your furnace and check that the piping is connected to the hot air discharge manifold on the furnace. There were four separate hoses on the manifold and I found one that fell off. I reconnected it and secured it with aluminum tape but I intend to replace the flexible ducting with a more rigid installation.

Edited by: Hamops
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Hamops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 12:32 PM   #4
New Camper

Even though I am in Canada we do not use furnaces in the summer . The reason I am inquiring now is that I just learned about the forum this week . Also . How do I access these manifold connections ? From under the belly?

Rooney
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 01:10 PM   #5
Full Time Camper

They are on the furnace itself. Not really a manifold, more like a plenum. The box has several 4" cutouts that are removed when you attach a duct run. Make sure the cutouts are removed and the duct is attached properly for each run of ducting.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rooney
Even though I am in Canada we do not use furnaces in the summer . The reason I am inquiring now is that I just learned about the forum this week . Also . How do I access these manifold connections ? From under the belly?

Rooney
Just pulling your leg. I live here in Oshawa and the weather is plenty hot enough forus right now butwe're heading up toNorthern Ontario andwhoknows, the weather could change overnight.
I found that only way I could get access the furnace was via the basement. Since I don't know where your furnace is located in your 5vr, I can't help you there, but if you have any piping going through the basement to the front of the trailer, you might try and follow it back to the furnace.Edited by: Hamops
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Old 07-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #7
Seasonal Camper

I am going up to New Liskeard next weekend (about 300 miles north of Toronto) and when I booked I asked for 30amp service and the girl said 'most people ask for the 30amp for the AC, but this time of year most people use their furnace at night'.....

'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2011, 03:52 AM   #8
Full Time Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycampers
I am going up to New Liskeard next weekend (about 300 miles north of Toronto) and when I booked I asked for 30amp service and the girl said 'most people ask for the 30amp for the AC, but this time of year most people use their furnace at night'.....

Having grown up in Northern Ontario, the girl at the campground is not far off. Even in the warmest of summers, the nighttime temperatures can dip to the low teens or single digits. (for our American friends, that's the low 40's to upper 50's). Usually a little 1000 watt portable heater is good enough to keep the interior temperature pleasant for sleeping. That's all we use and if the trailer a bit too chilly in the morning, we'll fire up the furnace for about a half hour.
2006 Cruiser CF30SK
Old 07-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #9
Seasonal Camper

If were on 30amp or more I use a 1500 watt portable heater in the bedroom and the electric fireplace in the living area. Its more than enough. DW and I prefer to be cool at night anyway. I try to avoid using the furnace cause it sucks the propane quickly.
'11 Crossroads Cruiser CF325CK

https://i1228.photobucket.com/albums/...4/S4011042.jpg
happycampers is offline   Reply With Quote