Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2009, 12:48 AM   #1
Family Vacation Member

Send a message via Yahoo to KHUNLINDA2003
in their 5ver? How did you install it next to the slide? Can the slide mechanism be adjusted to allow for the thicker laminate vs linoleum?
KHUNLINDA2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:00 AM   #2
Family Vacation Member

In our old Cruiser we put new tile on the floor. I do not think there would be enough clearance for laminate flooring. We were going to do that and put new vinal tile down instead. One of our projects with our new one isto put down some new flooring. They have some vinal strips that look like wood that look relly nice. Depot and Lowes has them. You might want to check them out. Also you have to leave at least a foot of carpet where the slide comes in for it to slide on. Thats what we were told.Thats what we did and never had a problem.

2009 CT31RL

2016 Chevrolet 2500HD High Country

Hensley Hitch
ajlight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:12 AM   #3
Full Time Camper

My DW wanted wood flooring in our old Cruiser and now in the PP. I told her I do not want to do that unless itis in a unit we planned on keeping for a while (unsure about that on the current one). If you do a search over on rv.net that as been a lot of post on the subject. I was thinking she wanted it in the kitchen/entry area and the bath area but she said she wanted it everywhere but the slides.
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:52 AM   #4
Full Time Camper

I'm not sure about today's units, but if it is like the '04, there is no adjustment for the slideout height. There is a hard plastic ridge at the edgo of the main floor that the slideout rides on that lifts it off the main floor. However, once the slideout is more than 50% retracted, it tilts down and that is when the front edge of the slideout will drag on the carpet or other flooring. In most cases, once the slideout is fully closed, the slideout floor will be again raised above the main floor.

If you do use laminate flooring, the thinner stuff will be less likely to have a problem. I replaced the carpet in mine several yrs ago with 1/8 inch thick vinyl all the way to the black plastic ridge. The slideout clears the main floor during closure but barely touches for about the last 12 inches from full retraction.

There are also carpet protector strips that I think Camco makes that would probably protect the laminate from getting scratched.

Texas Baptist Men-Retiree Builders member since '01
13 Silverado 3500HD D/A, 2wd CCSB srw, custom RKI bed
11 Cruiser CF32MK
https://www.picturetrail.com/dayle1
Dayle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:36 AM   #5
Full Time Camper

Slide Out Slickers.

http://www.tweetys.com/slide-outslic...FVhJ2godexWebQ
Hunter11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:49 AM   #6
Family Vacation Member

I too would like wood flooring put in my pp.....I think I will wait until the carpet gets a little worn the carpet still looks new...I am not a fan of carpet when i do go camping I vacuum it with a dyson not the centralvaceveryday. So wood floors would be great.

https://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s325/onlyrj/rv-1.jpg
onlyrj is offline   Reply With Quote