Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-09-2015, 09:31 AM   #1
New Camper

HDMI Splitter?

Trying to run dish tailgater (that is hooked up in living room) to run in the bedroom. I know we will have to watch the same channel which is fine. Husband says he may need a HDMI splitter? Any help is appreciated. Thanks!
cherylsminis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:40 AM   #2
Site Team

HDMI splitter is available at Radio Shack and I believe Best Buy, Walmart, and HH Gregg.

EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS - '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension
Member - "Northeast Adventures RV Rally Group" & "Mason-Dixon Bunch"
mark5w is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 10:00 AM   #3
Family Vacation Member

Save yourself the effort and get a HDMI wireless transmitter/receiver from Best Buy. $169. (I didn't pay $199)

iogear wireless hdmi - Best Buy

Yes, its more than $20 for the splitter, but the versatility of the product opens the door to you putting a TV ANYWHERE you like, without having to run wires. I have run an extension cable to the edge of the lake with a TV (while I was fishing) to watch a soccer game. LOL - This is glamping afterall...

I have the transmitter plugged into the back of my DirectTV receiver. There is a hardwire OUT on the transmitter that has a traditional HDMI cable running to my main TV.

I then move the HDMI wireless recevier (very small box about 4" sq) to what ever TV I want to watch my DirectTV on.

It's a simple plug'n'play install. Just plug it in, it finds the tranmitter...it just works. Full HD. up an running in about 30 seconds.

Range is approx 100ft, full HD.

I've used it in my TV in the bedroom and the outside TV with 100% success and perfect video and sound quality.

Since my DirectTV is IR, it goes through the walls too (added bonus).

My days of cutting holes and running cables are long over.

10 out of 10 in my books

2013 Elevation 3912
2017 Dodge RAM 3500HD Dually with AISIN
2014 KTM 1190 Adventure R
englishmatt is offline   Reply With Quote